WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

First new Rolex and a perfect watch. IMHO

3K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Skyjuice 
#1 ·
The DW and I have been in Greece for the past two weeks, island hopping, but mainly spent most of our time in Sifnos.
I have an AD that I have dealt with for years in Athens and he recognizes me every time I walk through the door. He knows my beautiful wife by name though. LOL

About two weeks ago after landing in Athens and a fantastic dinner in Plaka we headed to the AD. I emailed him about a month back and he said he would have something interesting for me. We have purchased 5-6 Tudors from this particular store.
When we arrived he went in back and brought out the BB GMT on steel. I have seen the GMT last year in my local AD's but only in the NATO.
The DW was interested in the 32 BB in blue because last year we got her the same in black. After it was all said and done we had purchased both and were quite happy, went had some more cocktails..very enjoyable night!

We spent about 9-10 days on the islands and after returned Monday night to Athens for our flight yesterday. Headed to the same part of Athens for dinner and drinks. I popped in on my AD to say thanks and let him know we will see him next year.

He stated he had something else to show me?? I was like OK. He went in back and brought out the OP white 39mm. He said it had been a few months since he had this watch and it was ordered for another customer that went with another watch.
I have no idea if this is a hard to come by watch but it peaked my curiosity.
I have MANY sport watches but none like this. He put on my wrist and it felt like AHH! A watch that is not to blingy, simple, classic, subdued, elegant and a watch for almost every occasion or outfit.
It took all of about 2 minutes on my wrist and I said "sold."
I was rather giddy the rest of the night and could not take my eyes off it. I have many watches that far out price this in $$ but it just felt special.
We were quite happy, went had some more cocktails..very enjoyable night! again.
Overall a pretty good watch trip and looking forward to next year

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.