First Rolex
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: First Rolex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    25

    First Rolex

    I just wanted to share my experience buying a white dial OP39 here in Ho Chi Minh City.

    I'm interested in mostly Rolex sport models and the OP39's with this brand.

    When I was young I worked in a pawn shop so I learned about many things and watches was one of them. One thing I learned is never pay retail and I have mostly bought my watches from other collectors used and online. This is my first luxury brand watch to buy in a brick and mortar store, so I had the Rolex experience and tried to appreciate this moment.

    There are so many datejust models I like however like many people I don't get along well with the cyclops so this leads me to the OP line.

    I have tried on the grey and blue models (OP39) and have only seen the white and black online, I spoke with the staff in the AD and they told me that watches with white dials are not popular in Vietnam which I thought interesting.

    I gave the staff my business card and told them to call me if a Daytona, GMT or white dial OP39 comes in and I forgot about it.

    After one month goes by I get a text message with a pic of the watch and I went to see it and buy it.

    What I like about this watch is that it flies under the radar and doesn't scream look at me and it slips under the shirt cuff very well.

    It fits my 7 1/4 size wrist perfect and is very flexible to be worn in most occasions, love the bracelet as well and this tips the scale for me towards Rolex versus some other options in the 5k range.

    There are many options for black dial watches for me but I think the white dial for this model works quite well, I like looking at it.

    I hope this will help me with my relationship with the AD and they will deem me worthy to buy a stainless steel sport watch in the future (fingers crossed)

    The staff in the store were so nice and sweet just like most Vietnamese I encounter here in the city. There was no attitude or pretension I see from staff in luxury stores in the states. They were also very knowledgeable.

    What a great surprise yesterday!

    Name:  17588C2D-9F84-4A44-A800-D72AE67EA21F.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  3.07 MB

  2. #2
    Member 2seamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    272

    Re: First Rolex

    Congrats! Great choice for your first one.
    yngrshr likes this.

  3. #3
    Member 5959HH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    5,438

    Re: First Rolex

    You picked a great choice which even allows you the opportunity of buying another Rolex without much duplication. A second Rolex easily rotated with your white OP would be an Explorer I or as no date ceramic Submariner. How's that for enabling?!! Anyhow, congratulations on a great choice.
    raja_3012 and yngrshr like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    687

    Re: First Rolex

    Quote Originally Posted by inasia699 View Post
    I just wanted to share my experience buying a white dial OP39 here in Ho Chi Minh City.

    I'm interested in mostly Rolex sport models and the OP39's with this brand.

    When I was young I worked in a pawn shop so I learned about many things and watches was one of them. One thing I learned is never pay retail and I have mostly bought my watches from other collectors used and online. This is my first luxury brand watch to buy in a brick and mortar store, so I had the Rolex experience and tried to appreciate this moment.

    There are so many datejust models I like however like many people I don't get along well with the cyclops so this leads me to the OP line.

    I have tried on the grey and blue models (OP39) and have only seen the white and black online, I spoke with the staff in the AD and they told me that watches with white dials are not popular in Vietnam which I thought interesting.

    I gave the staff my business card and told them to call me if a Daytona, GMT or white dial OP39 comes in and I forgot about it.

    After one month goes by I get a text message with a pic of the watch and I went to see it and buy it.

    What I like about this watch is that it flies under the radar and doesn't scream look at me and it slips under the shirt cuff very well.

    It fits my 7 1/4 size wrist perfect and is very flexible to be worn in most occasions, love the bracelet as well and this tips the scale for me towards Rolex versus some other options in the 5k range.

    There are many options for black dial watches for me but I think the white dial for this model works quite well, I like looking at it.

    I hope this will help me with my relationship with the AD and they will deem me worthy to buy a stainless steel sport watch in the future (fingers crossed)

    The staff in the store were so nice and sweet just like most Vietnamese I encounter here in the city. There was no attitude or pretension I see from staff in luxury stores in the states. They were also very knowledgeable.

    What a great surprise yesterday!
    Congrats! Yesterday must have been an OP buyers day. I can't take mine off, and I have no doubt you feel the same.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    25

    Re: First Rolex

    Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    You picked a great choice which even allows you the opportunity of buying another Rolex without much duplication. A second Rolex easily rotated with your white OP would be an Explorer I or as no date ceramic Submariner. How's that for enabling?!! Anyhow, congratulations on a great choice.
    Thank you, I thought the same thing about those watches.
    draperfish likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    25

    Re: First Rolex

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmurray View Post
    Congrats! Yesterday must have been an OP buyers day. I can't take mine off, and I have no doubt you feel the same.
    Haha, yes exactly same here.
    draperfish likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    509

    Re: First Rolex

    Big congratulations. Great choice. These watches are getting more and more popular. I’ve had mine for 5 months and absolutely love it.
    Name:  237009E7-BC74-4C90-BACC-DCF480281DB4.jpeg
Views: 103
Size:  855.3 KB

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    60

    Re: First Rolex

    congratulations!! great first choice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Awesome, congrats! I think I may do the same thing. I’m new to watch owning (I saved up for a Tudor GMT and was lucky to walk into an AD while on vacation and get it) but I don’t like the bulk of it. I may try and sell it on eBay and go get an OP from my local AD. They look very solid.

  11. #10
    Member TruthBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    108

    Re: First Rolex

    Congrats!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts