WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

First Rolex

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Elmsworth 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, just thought I'd share my first Rolex purchase. A Datejust 16220

The dial has slight discoloration I think (it looks lighter in the middle) although it could be the reflection from the hands, I can't tell entirely as it changes colour when looked at in different light.
The Jubilee bracelet has some stretch also.

The watch has all the paperwork and box from the original purchase in 1989 and has had only one owner. It looks like it's been cared for although will be in need of a service.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cool Rolex!

Congratulations and wear it in good health!

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks all.
I wasn't sure about the dial at first but the more I've worn it the more its grown on me.

I won't be changing a thing, as it brings a smile to my face as it is.

If I was to send it into Rolex for a full case and movement service would they leave the dial alone or would they want to replace it along with the hands? Also if they wanted to replace the hands or bezel would they fit like for like? (The hands and bezel look good condition).
Also would they do anything to the Jubilee bracelet or leave it as is I take it once they stretch there's no way of tightening them up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.