WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

First Rolex fresh from AD

2K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  lynntonyd 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Been a mostly Omega and Seiko guy but I think I can dig this whole Rolex vibe....
Nice piece & great execution getting it. Yet another victory for the AD shoppers & buyers!

Congratulations and wear it in good health.

Reactions: Catatafish
#19 ·
Congrats on that stunner. I really want one of those. I keep going from black to white but every time I see a photo of the white im convinced that's the way to go. Ive tried to source one but not getting very far. Theyre either beaten to bits with a £1000 premium on the retail price or crazy money. Im also not very tolerant of dealers who try and strong arm a sale with their tactics like "well mine is your only option, you wont get one anywhere else, ADs will lie and lie but they cannot get them so thats the price" Had a word with my AD about another watch and casually dropped the polar into the conversation and mentioned these dealers and he laughed and said "theyre partially right but that doesnt mean you're getting a great watch" He said its a hard watch to get but not impossible so im on the list. Now for the wait. Did you get yours new from the AD? what sort of wait did you endure? I know this varies but a rough estimate would do me. Currently it feels like it could be years and I keep spotting other shiny things in the cabinets. Enjoy your Polar in good health.

#20 ·
For those asking about AD.... I go clothes shopping every couple of weeks at a store that's connected to the Rolex AD. So I dropped by every time to chit chat about watches. I explained I love the GMT complication and would be amenable to either of the new Master II. After a month or so I told her I wouldn't mind trying on an Explorer II if they came across one. So all in all about 3 months went by. A couple of weeks ago they told me the only thing they had in steel was a DJ41 with a blue dial. Not bad. The next week I dropped by to look at it and brought in a bag of high end chocolates for the team to share. So yeah, now I'm flirting so to speak. Lay on the charm. A week later I was about to cave so I emailed and asked if they had the DJ41 in (in my mind I had committed to buying it) and they said no, but they did have the polar. Well WTF? Why didn't they call me? I didn't belabor that point I just told her I'd be by after lunch to pick it up. I guess you just have to be PATIENT and coy.

There were a couple of Explorer IIs in white that I've noticed being advertised here and in other forums, and I almost bought one. What made me end up spending a few hundred more than I needed to was a couple of things 1) No hassle 2) 100% guarantee of authenticity 3) Now I have an established relationship with a local dealer where I can pop in any time and maybe get a call the next time something precious arrives.

I plan on keeping this one forever, it fills a niche that no other watch can. But yeah, I still want that Master II with black dial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.