WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Found a rolex in idaho - looking for owner

4K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  GreatScott 
#1 ·
Hello,
I found a rolex on the side off the road in idaho (usa).
Seems to be a real one.
I'd be happy to return it to its owner if i can find him and he prooves he's the owner of course.
Any advice on how to find the owner appreciated.
Thanks!
P.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

#2 ·
That is very nice of you.

I would begin by calling the police department in the county or city where you found the watch. If it were my watch and I lost it, it is the first place I would try to either report it stolen or see if it was turned in.

I would also consider posting a “found” ad on Craigslist, again in the city in Idaho nearest where you found the watch.

#3 ·
Hello, I found a rolex on the side off the road in idaho (usa).
I'd be happy to return it to its owner if i can find him and he proves he's the owner of course.
Imagine if this guy bought this Rolex abroad and what's keeping the owner from proving this is really his watch is the AD insisted on holding onto the Warranty Card for a year. Or imagine if the true owner purchased this Rolex from a Grey dealer and it is not his name of the Warranty card!

Reactions: jas1978
#9 ·
Honourable actions indeed.

I would also check craigslist or other similar sites to see if someone has posted a lost ad.

Try googling or searching for lost watch in the local city or area you are in. Might turn up an old ad if it has been awhile.

Is this something Rolex could track down via serial numbers and such?

#11 ·
I always wonder about authenticity with something like this? There was a thread not too long ago about a Yachtmaster found submerged for a prolonged time......after investigation, it was almost certainly counterfeit.

OP, do you have pics of the watch that you found? I would hate for you to go to a great deal of trouble if the watch is counterfeit.

#20 ·
I wouldn't post pictures of the watch if I were the OP. One way the owner could help prove it is theirs is by describing it. If pictures are posted, you take that away.
The likelihood of a potential owner that was not an imposter coming across pictures on this forum has to be close to zero. An scheister trying to swindle the OP out of this watch just couldn't do it. I would need someone to describe a potential spot where the watch might have been lost within 25 miles, and a serial number. Tough to do unless you are the actual owner IMHO.

#19 ·
There’s a few out in the ocean that I know of, thankfully not mine I’ll add :)
When I’m diving I always wear my watch under my wet suit. Getting out of the water in rough seas is always the time it’s going to happen, getting banged on the dive deck slapping up and down and spring bars can let go.

#21 ·
Check with the local Sheriff's Office and Police Departments. Leave contact information.
Don't forget the Idaho State Police. This owner may not know exactly where,
but he knows the watch is gone-and generally what highway and the Idaho County.
Let the owner contact you through the PD, and describe the watch.

#22 ·
Sorry. Cannot believe this is true. How would someone lose a Rolex on the side off the road, not notice it and not look for it?

The only thing I can think of is by having a broken spring bar or similar.

To the OP, I once found a wallet and simply brought it to a police station. I would do the same with this. Do not see the need to register in this forum just for the sake of asking.

#23 ·
Sorry. Cannot believe this is true. How would someone lose a Rolex on the side off the road, not notice it and not look for it?
The only thing I can think of is by having a broken spring bar or similar.
To the OP, I once found a wallet and simply brought it to a police station. I would do the same with this. Do not see the need to register in this forum just for the sake of asking.
OK, if you have kids over 2 but under 18, trust me, anything is possible.

If you're dating, engaged or married to some bat-$#!+ crazy woman, anything is possible.

The other thing is anything can happen when people are drunk or high.

Imagine having to pullover to change a tire, while running late, with a *****y wife & 2 whiny kids in the car and it's raining.

I'm glad you can't imagine a scenario as described. Sounds like life's pretty good for you. -Z-

#29 ·
Years ago I found an immaculate Seiko on a bracelet (no idea what it was, wasn't really into watches at that point in my life) just sitting on a wall as I walked home. I handed it in to the police, about a year later they called and said 'come and collect it, we can't find the owner, it's yours to keep'.

May seem very odd, but these things do happen.

#31 ·
I'm here, just on a bike trip through the us and had no network cover
I won't post a pic, it would attract "fake" owners.
I called the police, described the watch, gave them my number.
Seems no one reported a lost rolex...
Maybe it's a fake but then it's a good one!

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

#38 ·

There is only 1 Rolex dealer in the entire state of Idaho and parked out front is a two-tone pickup truck.

I'm not saying it is the getaway car. Draw your own conclusions.
Two-tone as in "stainless steel & gold" or two-tone as in "white & rust?" :)

Reactions: sportura
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.