WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GMT Master II Bezel Question - Help!

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  SLWoodster 
#1 ·
Hi All! Got a question for you...

The bezel on my 16710 popped off a while back, I had all the parts, minus the click spring. I took it to my usual watchmaker and when it returned, it was with a uni-directional bezel. I questioned him on it, and he said that's how the new ones are. He even assured it was a genuine Rolex part. I've never heard of GMT Master without a bi-directional bezel, nor could I find any sort of literature to say otherwise.

Has anyone heard of this? Either he doesn't know (and he certainly should!) or he is not being truthful. Either way is not a good answer...

Thanks in advance!

#9 ·
This is one small story in a thousand more, that illustrates why I NEVER buy used.
One (including the original owner in good faith) never knows exactly what is inside a Rolex that has been opened by someone other than Rolex Service.
No thanks...
PS: GMT Bezels are bi-directional...

#13 ·
Thanks to all the posters! It's as I thought, but you know, thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I just can't understand why he would do this! Ah well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.