Heritage Ranger how many links?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Betterthere
  • 1 Post By flying saucer

Thread: Heritage Ranger how many links?

Heritage Ranger how many links?

About to pull the trigger on a used on, just want to ask how many links on a Heritage Ranger metal bracelet and are there half links? I tried a used one on today which was quite well priced, I think I counted 9 or 8 on the watch which just about fit my 7'' wrist with only two extra links.

EDIT:Also, does the nato strap come in a sealed bag? Mine comes in a sealed bag, it could have been sealed recently, I can't tell if it's new or unworn without opening it. This is something that may vary from one region to another but I'd like to get whatever input on this that I can.
    Last edited by flying saucer; April 27th, 2020 at 14:25.

Re: Heritage Ranger how many links?

Yes on sealed bag. You can probably tell if new once you get in your hand.

Thanks. The nato that came with the Ranger I'm looking at seems a bit thinner than what I've seen in pics, maybe I need a second look I would just want to rule out a counterfeit.

As for the links, from what I've found on sale pics online, I should expect 13-16 in total. Being a tapered bracelet, I should probably make sure the included links fit properly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flying saucer View Post
    Thanks. The nato that came with the Ranger I'm looking at seems a bit thinner than what I've seen in pics, maybe I need a second look I would just want to rule out a counterfeit.

As for the links, from what I've found on sale pics online, I should expect 13-16 in total. Being a tapered bracelet, I should probably make sure the included links fit properly.
    Is it the camo? it's not really very thick but one of the best out there. Do you have a link? PM if you prefer and I would take a look. I had bracelet also but I don't have a picture with all the links to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Is it the camo? it's not really very thick but one of the best out there. Do you have a link? PM if you prefer and I would take a look. I had bracelet also but I don't have a picture with all the links to count.
    Thanks. I was able to find a pic online that showed the full links, I think thirteen excluding the straight end links and the half links that connect it to the clasp. I'll check back with the seller when I have a chance.

Regarding the Nato that comes with it, something I've noticed from many online pics is that some of them don't seem to be a proper 22mm width, with many I've seen exposing much of the springbars. I'm wondering if anyone could shed light on this as I'm curious. Is it something that happens, shrinkage perhaps from wear and tear/washing or maybe some are paired in the used market with a nato intended for another model having lost the original?

Had quite a few of the rangers and more of the Camos. They are 22mm. Maybe someone has squeezed them on a 20mm?
    They are quite soft. I know I used some on other 20mm watches.
    flying saucer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Had quite a few of the rangers and more of the Camos. They are 22mm. Maybe someone has squeezed them on a 20mm?
    They are quite soft. I know I used some on other 20mm watches.
    Here are some examples of what I mean - the first is from another post on wus and the second is video on youtube:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...3&d=1521895661

around the 7 min mark you can see the springbars exposed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVoqZLtbFbY

I've seen it on enough to know it's probably normal with this strap, maybe has to do with how soft everyone says it is. Initially I thought some of the used ones were being sold with counterfeit (i know it sounds silly) nato straps or maybe straps from a different model but as far as I know the green camo strap only comes with this watch on the Tudor range. Not a big deal, just curious more than anything.

It's a beautiful watch, there is one available locally boxed up and ready for purchase but I found myself hesitating. Not because it's any less desirable as when I first tried it on two years ago, but some of my priorities and needs for a watch have changed a bit since then.
    Betterthere likes this.

^can be pulled back out on 2nd one. The first pic the guys wrist/arm so fat hard to know.

Yeah better to wait if not 100%.

Thread Information