Hesitant to wear (purchase) a Rolex.
Like Tree711Likes

Thread: Hesitant to wear (purchase) a Rolex.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Has anyone here had to overcome a hesitancy to wear a Rolex on a regular basis because they were worried that it might give the wrong impression in the workplace?

For me, I work in an office setting full of engineers and other professionals, some with master's degrees and PhDs. But I have NEVER noticed anyone wearing a luxury watch. I wear a Speedmaster Automatic most days and I feel it flies under the radar and I don't feel self-conscience about it. I wonder if wearing a Rolex would give a bad impression though. But I really would like to buy and have a Rolex, but only if I could justify wearing it on a regular basis.

Am I being silly and over-concerned?

P.S. my boss doesn't even wear a watch and his boss wears an Apple Watch.
    Overwound likes this.
    • Omega Speedmaster Reduced
    • Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium
    • Casio Royale
    • Invicta ProDiver

Re: Hesitant to wear (purchase) a Rolex.

I never had an ounce of hesitancy.....
    I bought my first one a long time ago, but it was a stainless-steel Submariner.
    I've never discussed the watches I wear with folks willy-nilly....may seem boring and pretentious.
    However, the world is upside down and the LAST thing I'd worry about is which watch I was wearing.
    Or if a bunch of nit-wits love it or resent it or even notice it at all.
    You'l be fine....buy it and wear it!
    5959HH, FarmKid, emgee79 and 3 others like this.

I've been wearing a Rolex at work for six months. As far as I can tell, nobody has noticed yet. That includes the handful of people I know to be watch guys. For my part, I was blissfully ignorant of a colleague having worn at TT DJ36 for 25 years until it peeked out from under his sleeve one day and I asked him about it.

Added: office environment similar to the OP's
    Last edited by BonyWrists; February 21st, 2020 at 22:55.
    5959HH, FarmKid, fish70 and 3 others like this.
    Is it time for another coffee?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, you’re being silly and over concerned.
    FarmKid, LINVS and GhostlyProduct like this.

You'd be surprised how little people care about the watch you're wearing. The only people who notice are other watch geeks and thieves. Given your work place I really don't think a Rolex will stand out. Unless, of course, it's a blinged out gold Datejust with diamonds and fluted bezel.

People might not want to contribute to a person wearing a blinged out Day-Date who works at a nonprofit or place asking for donations. So I can understand not wanting to wear a watch like that in that situation.

If you do get one just don't be self conscious about it. Wear it like any other watch. If you keep staring at it throughout the day (I've been guilty of that), then people might notice you doing that. LOL. If you get a compliment on it just say thanks. If someone thinks it cost a lot of money just say I work hard and save for what I want. But either way, just enjoy that you can afford it and you like it. Wear it for you.

Very few people will notice. I’d not care honestly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FarmKid likes this.

Buy it, wear it, own them.

Do not be afraid. Once you wear a Rolex, doors will open and promotions will come your way. Walk tall and you will soon be ordering your engineers, PhD engineers around.

All the girls in the office will be admiring you and you will get request for dates from all the hot chicks.

Live the life of a Man of Rolex.
    5959HH, WatchBri, FarmKid and 36 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jas1978 View Post
    You'd be surprised how little people care about the watch you're wearing. The only people who notice are other watch geeks and thieves. Given your work place I really don't think a Rolex will stand out. Unless, of course, it's a blinged out gold Datejust with diamonds and fluted bezel.

People might not want to contribute to a person wearing a blinged out Day-Date who works at a nonprofit or place asking for donations. So I can understand not wanting to wear a watch like that in that situation.

If you do get one just don't be self conscious about it. Wear it like any other watch. If you keep staring at it throughout the day (I've been guilty of that), then people might notice you doing that. LOL. If you get a compliment on it just say thanks. If someone thinks it cost a lot of money just say I work hard and save for what I want. But either way, just enjoy that you can afford it and you like it. Wear it for you.
    This ^

Buy it and enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    FarmKid and fskywalker like this.

No.
    Loving watches doesn't make one an elitist. It makes you a hobbyist. Regardless your wealth, enjoy your watch(es). If someone judges for your watch (in any regard), I'd rather think they're a shallow person.
    You're on a watch forum OP, I'm going to opine that you're not into Rolex for the glory, but because it's a hell of a watch. Regardless, glory/hell of a watch, wear it proudly, you've earned it :)
    FarmKid, 5959HH and solesman like this.
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway

Best Regards,

Todd

No one cares. Go for it.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information