WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How hard is it to find this piece?

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  limnoman 
#1 ·
Hey WUS,

I was lucky enough to try on a OP 39 blue on my wrist the other day. As much as I love the blue, it didn't look quite on my wrist so I gave it a pass.

However, my friend saw this picture and asked me about it as he was actually looking for one. As expected, this one is gone the next day when I tried to go back to the store to place a deposit to hold it for him.

Basically, I've been told anything blue dial these days are extremely hard to come by, especially 39mm + in sizes.

Can anyone actually confirm what I've been told is actually factual? Is there actually quite an amount of people looking particular for this OP 39 blue dial?

Does this particular one also fetching a premium on the secondary market?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

See less See more
#3 ·
Would be lucky to even see this piece in person in Perth(unless you're a VIP). I tried this months ago while I was travelling across Asia. From my understanding, all blue dials are quite popular, which is why I posted this to actually confirm it. Since I've got more time on my hand, I checked the second hand market but I noticed there's barely any price premium placed on this watch, yet. Could be a really awesome piece if the blue look good on them. I personally loved it but I was told by my siblings it looked no good on me, hence I gave up on it.

#4 ·
Would be lucky to even see this piece in person in Perth(unless you're a VIP)...
::
all blue dials are quite popular, which is why I posted this to actually confirm it.
::
I personally loved it but I was told by my siblings it looked no good on me, hence I gave up on it.
You're in Perth? I thought the WA in your profile meant Washington??!! [emoji23]

I have seen a OP34 in the Arabic but the missus wasn't too keen on it. Yeah, it's popular for sure.

But having said that, coloured dials don't work for everyone.

#8 ·
I have seen a handful in the past 18 months during my watch shopping adventures. Saw one in Vegas in February at one of the Rolex boutiques, though they did say it had just arrived the day before. Saw two at GovBerg in downtown Philly last December.

#9 ·
These used to be easy to find in Perth, Western Australia, but I have not seen one recently. I used to own one of these.

In general, 39mm (and most other sizes) Rolex Oyster Perpetual’s are not particularly difficult to find.

#10 ·
Actually, now that I think about it, I've never seen the Grape, Rhodium, or Blue dialed OP39mm in person. I've seen a few of the black and white OP39's, Explorer I and Explorer II but that might be it.

#20 ·
OP39s in all colors usually available at Dubai retailers every other week. One weekend I saw 39s lined up in grape, blue, black and rhodium (should have taken a pic) the next week they had grape and white dial....you are quoted the price with 10% discount without even asking for one.

This is mine, love the blue dial....

#22 ·
OP39s in all colors usually available at Dubai retailers every other week. One weekend I saw 39s lined up in grape, blue, black and rhodium (should have taken a pic) the next week they had grape and white dial....you are quoted the price with 10% discount without even asking for one.

Right. You're confirming what we all know, ie. all stocks are going to the Middle East and Asia

#30 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I was surprised I looked fine on the OP36, because I've been trying Lange 1s that has 38.5 and Lange 1815, they looked absolutely fine on my wrist. Somehow the pictures make the OP39 looks uncomfortably big on my wrist. But I've tried on sub and pelagos LHD on my wrist and all said "yeah looked good on you", and not 1 said it looks big on my wrist. As I said the pictures looked different for some reason haha.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.