How much above retail would you pay for a ND Sub?
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: How much above retail would you pay for a ND Sub?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

How much above retail would you pay for a ND Sub?

I was talking with an AD that Iíve done business with before, and I inquired about a no-date Sub 114060. He mentioned that he didnít have one in stock and wasnít sure when he would next get one. He then mentioned that he had an unworn BNIB they just purchased and were offering at a price obviously quite a bit above retail.

With how difficult it is to get a brand new Sub these days, Iím wondering how much above retail is too much?

If itís basically BNIB? If itís 1-2 years old? 3-5 years old? Or is anything about retail too much and itís better to wait for how long it takes to get one at retail?

Iím not sure where I stand at this point? Obviously itís nice to get a brand new watch at retail with your name on the warranty card, but if you can get one now for a small premium in excellent condition, that wouldnít be too bad.

Interested in everyoneís thoughts.

Re: How much above retail would you pay for a ND Sub?

For me.... Tax. I understand that product is scarce. But, knowing that current model watches are still being produced, and being sold at MSRP by ADs, I'd remain patient. Maybe, overly patient considering current availability. In the case of my Pepsi, I had expected a long delay before receiving the phone call. I was anticipating a year, to learn that realistically, had I not received the one I did, it may have been two years or more. Had I known, would that have changed my opinion? I can't really say. In the end, only you can say what you're willing to pay to acquire the watch now. What's reasonable to you?
    LINVS likes this.

Zero....have it shipped to a no-tax state.
    Gazza74 and Tony A.H like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What's the harm in waiting if you have a good relationship with the AD? Admittedly I'm picky about that, and would never pay over retail personally.
    solesman, ctarshus and Tony A.H like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GovtFunded View Post
    For me.... Tax. I understand that product is scarce. But, knowing that current model watches are still being produced, and being sold at MSRP by ADs, I'd remain patient. Maybe, overly patient considering current availability. In the case of my Pepsi, I had expected a long delay before receiving the phone call. I was anticipating a year, to learn that realistically, had I not received the one I did, it may have been two years or more. Had I known, would that have changed my opinion? I can't really say. In the end, only you can say what you're willing to pay to acquire the watch now. What's reasonable to you?
    To me it would have to be ~ $400 or so above MSRP at most for a BNIB/LNIB condition, and ~ $200 above for a 3 or 4 year model. Neither of these valuations are realistic, and neither is being #51 on a list waiting for a watch that an AD may get 1 or 2 every few months. I guess it depends on how bad you want the watch. Iím not sure what my answer to that question is.

Quote Originally Posted by ahonobaka View Post
    What's the harm in waiting if you have a good relationship with the AD? Admittedly I'm picky about that, and would never pay over retail personally.
    If youíre absolutely sure this is the watch you want, then this is probably the right answer.

Personally- zero above. Iíd wait until one came along at retail but thatís me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gazza74 and Tony A.H like this.

Zero.
    Gazza74, 5959HH and Tony A.H like this.
    |Ω

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Gazza74, 5959HH and Tony A.H like this.

Zero point zero. It's too "easy" to get one for retail price at an AD. I was offered one 6 months after I stopped in the AD where I had never purchased anything, then 2 weeks later I was offered another one at an AD I had stopped by about 2 months prior, also with no purchase history.

If you're patient and hit every AD in the area, you'll get one eventually.
    ahonobaka, Gazza74 and Tony A.H like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information