How much would you pay? SD Double Red

Thread: How much would you pay? SD Double Red

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much would you pay? SD Double Red

A friend is offering me his Sea Dweller Double Red. It’s pretty worn, bracelet kind of loose and had some kind of moisture, it has the original movement and a spare one.

How much would you say it’s worth? No papers or box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: How much would you pay? SD Double Red

Forum does not allow "valuations." I would check the usual suspects and see if any are available for comparison: chrono24, ebay, google. Another option is see what a reputable second hand Rolex dealer like Bob's watches offers for the watch. Then add 20%.

More than a number I’m looking to hear experiences about the condition of the watch. Would it be a mistake to buy a watch like this? Is it worth something because of the model itself even if there's work to do?
    Last edited by JuanPablo046; 5 Days Ago at 23:23.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It just depends on the price it is being offered to you at. And also what condition you want it to arrive at - ie how much you are prepared to spend to get it to the condition you want. Personally I'd service it, have a light rework of the bracelet or find a period correct replacement and wear it like it is. Other people would demand a complete refurb to bring it back to pristine. Take a look at the post by Jason71 and what refurb he did to that SD

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/wh...l#post49091695

More photos of it would help

How well do you know this friend?
    Brother of OoO

I’m not a collector.
    I’d want to have the watch in good shape to use without issues (daily basis).
    And if the watch has a good future value it would be nice.

I’ve been told the bracelet is corresponding to the reference and year.

It is possible the watch is on a spare movement with the original available but with moisture damage

It is a friend. I can trust the watch is not stolen or anything like that and there’s a recorded and background of the watch.

It was purchased in the UK, there’s paperwork of the last maintenance in an authorized Rolex shop. That’s when the moisture and movement thing are mentioned.

I’ll ask to have the watch for a couple of days to gather more info and pictures

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-06-12 at 22.28.45.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  130.9 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-06-12 at 22.33.22.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  136.6 KB

The Rolex/Tudor subforum has allowed some valuations in the past, because it's a specialized forum
    I know valuations aren't allowed on WUS as a general rule, but Jason71 might allow it? Where are the guru's?
    Best Regards,

--Todd

Hard to tell from the photos. The case seems to be polished. It seems to have the original super dome crystal (which is a plus) and the patina on the dial and hands appear to match and be in good condition too. The pip on the bezel looks to be luminova, rather than tritium. It would be worthwhile having it looked at by a watchmaker to confirm the movement is the correct one.

I recommend you take a close look at photos of DRSDs on Chrono24, Watchrecon and HQ Milton to get an idea of the price range and various condition of the watches. Also read up on DRSD.com to find out the exact Mark of this DRSD, so you make an informed decision of what you think price range is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information