I need anther GMT Master II
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need anther GMT Master II

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need anther GMT Master II

I've decided I "need" another GMT Master II. I own an 116710LN (Steel case, Black ceramic bezel) from a few years ago that's in good shape (a few scratches that I put in myself). So I don't want a model that exactly duplicates it.

What with CV and all, I've been working a lot of OT and expect to get a hefty check in a few weeks. Which model do you think I should go after? ($15k is my absolute limit.) I was thinking of a new model ('cause I like to put all the wear scratches in myself), but I wouldn't be opposed to a lightly-used current or last-iteration model.

Which of the other two color combinations (red/blue and blue/black) do you guys prefer the looks of? I've seen both in person, and I really liked whichever was on my wrist.

Thanks for any opinions.

Arthur

Re: I need anther GMT Master II

Pepsi. It has that in your face feeling. This is the closest I have.

CaptTed likes this.

In your situation I’d also go Pepsi. The Batman would look very similar to your current one. I’d want to add some color.

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610 and Explorer 1 mk2; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2), 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamiltons Khaki 42mm, Khaki King, and Khaki Filed Auto 40mm; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR, GMW B5000; Orients Star Classic and 2ER; Some other stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I’m in a similar situation. I really like the new pepsi, but love the size and simplicity of the Exp1. I am ready to buy, but can’t find either at the AD’s in my city. I wonder which I’ll find first...

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610 and Explorer 1 mk2; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2), 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamiltons Khaki 42mm, Khaki King, and Khaki Filed Auto 40mm; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR, GMW B5000; Orients Star Classic and 2ER; Some other stuff.

Are you looking into grey market or AD because the BLRO is still a bit over $15k. So in your case the blnr is your only option.
    |Ω

Never actually seen a Pepsi in an AD where I am, and grey they are phone number prices, so not sure you are gonna get one anyway.

But if you could then it would be my choice of the 2.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

If you can swing it, Pepsi Jubilee.
    It feels so right and looks so nice on my wrist.
    __

"Time and tide wait for no man, the future depends on what we do in the present."

blnr shows subtle change in color especially under low lighting and blends better with most of my clothing.
    Name:  10E24C3C-5B60-4DFD-BC8F-D76662689933_1589847970444.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  819.5 KB

If you liked whichever was on your wrist, then it looks like the choice comes down to two things. One, bracelet. You can get the Batman on an oyster or a jubilee bracelet, versus strictly the jubilee on the Pepsi; assuming we're limiting the discussion to GMT-Cs. Recognize that the Batman on oyster has the 3186 movement versus the 3285 on jubilee. Second, your price point. If you'd be happy with either, then it sounds as if your best deal wins?

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    Are you looking into grey market or AD because the BLRO is still a bit over $15k. So in your case the blnr is your only option.
    I would bet that if you have $15k cash in fist and willing to go over the curb today you could get a BLRO with a little looking. I bet there is a dealer/broker out there with margin @ 15K that would rather take a profit than hold it going into an uncertain next few months.

That said I prefer my Mk1 Batman just for the oyster despite the updated movement but I think the BLRO fits the OP's collection better. Now a 16710 Pepsi should sell well within the OP's budget.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information