WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ideas on a 3rd watch

1K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Flyinb44 
#1 ·
Guys I'm in a position where I'm looking to purchase another watch.

I wear a omega seamaster black ceramic as a daily and a YG daydate presidential for best. I'm looking for something in the middle. For weekends or trips away etc. Prefer something in rolex but not tied to it.
Thinking along the lines of 116613lb sub or a bimetal daytona. Maybe even something on a rubber strap AP diver?. But definitely something that will resale without major difficulties or losses as at any point I could flip the lot for something 😂. Any ideas? Thanks in advance budget 10k ish

#8 ·
Reactions: fenderjapan
#13 ·
I would recommend the Explorer 1.

I have some of the usual candidates in my collection like Daytona, SubLV and SMPc. I actually bought the SMPc as a Hawaii beater watch but ended up taking my 39mm Explorer 1. I'm about to go out of town for over a week, during which time I will attend a funeral, be a groomsman in a wedding, and my attire will range from boardshorts, golf shorts and sneakers, jeans or chinos, pants and polo, to suits. I already know I'm grabbing the Explorer.

#14 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Really leaning toward the bluesy. Any idea what availability is like. I remember seeing one instore a few months ago but haven't looked since. Could I expect to pick one up or a waiting list? If so whats the current times.? Cheers

#15 ·
I made a thread about getting the Bluesey here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f23/stor...nship-my-local-ad-beginning-form-4998589.html

It's quite a unicorn in that I believe it's quite difficult to get a hold of especially in the UK but I've heard that they are more prevalent in the US. Good luck though because they are getting harder to find even if it is Two Tone.

And for added measure here's a picture of my Bluesy that I took today at a bar.

Attachments

#19 ·
With a $10K limit you're not going to get a Submariner or a Daytona unless you are considering preowned without box/papers and with some wear.

Is a used Rolex what you had in mind?

#22 ·
I love the 116200/126200 with silver dial and Oyster bracelet for a weekend watch. Both can be found new and unworn and are under budget with a great aesthetic. The OP39 black or white dial also fits the bill for this for me personally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.