WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If you could only keep one

4K views 57 replies 42 participants last post by  bigjaymofo 
#1 ·
This has been languishing in a box for some time
Decided I'd wear it as I go on hols today to get some patina on the salty Cornish coast
Every time I put it on I am struck by how beautiful in colour, design, proportion the dial is
I am a JDM Seiko diver fan boy, but if I could keep only one of my too many watches, it might be this
What watch would you keep if you were forced to keep just 1?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#20 ·
Between the 116600 and the 214270, I have a huge preference for the 116600. Till today, I regret not buying the 116600 at a 10% discount from Bachendorf's.

Reactions: 5959HH
#23 ·

My first Rolex purchased new, wore it for ten years straight at one point, was on my wrist in 24 different countries, was in the delivery room when all of my children were born, and it's the birthyear watch for my son and it's going to be his when the time comes.

While I own far more interesting Rolex references, it's the one I couldn't live without.

#29 ·

Exactly right.

And if you asked us this question a few years from now after I gifted my Sub Date to my son, I'd say the one watch I couldn't live without would be my birthyear 5513. It's not about how much the watches are worth in dollars; it's how much they are worth emotionally.

#27 ·
This is my favourite watch of all time. Im a watch tart so I do get tired of watches easily. My record is 3 days for a Tag Heuer. At one point my AD was saying things like "just take it home over the weekend and see how you get on with it, I wont fill out the cards yet" Im not as bad as I used to be though. My grail watch was a Seadweller and it took me ages to get one. I loved it for about 18 months and just grew tired of it. This however has been with me 2 years plus which is a record for me. Maybe I like a splash of colour but its comfortable, accurate and a bit under the radar to most eyes. Its a great all rounder but particularly great for the summer months and is easily readable in bright sunlight after a dip in the sea. Will you be taking your BB Bronze in the sea? If so I would be interested to see how the sea water ramps up the patina. Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

#31 ·
This is my favourite watch of all time. Im a watch tart so I do get tired of watches easily. My record is 3 days for a Tag Heuer. At one point my AD was saying things like "just take it home over the weekend and see how you get on with it, I wont fill out the cards yet" Im not as bad as I used to be though. My grail watch was a Seadweller and it took me ages to get one. I loved it for about 18 months and just grew tired of it. This however has been with me 2 years plus which is a record for me. Maybe I like a splash of colour but its comfortable, accurate and a bit under the radar to most eyes. Its a great all rounder but particularly great for the summer months and is easily readable in bright sunlight after a dip in the sea. Will you be taking your BB Bronze in the sea? If so I would be interested to see how the sea water ramps up the patina. View attachment 14383369
That would be A fantastic choice for a one watch guy!
I am in the same boat as you. I have owned a Pelagos for a year and a half, and even though it's probably the least expensive watch in the collection, it is also the most useful and wristed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.