Little help please!

Thread: Little help please!

Little help please!

I saw a new Submariner last week and the differences in it and my 20 year old GMTII were few, but this one area caused me to post this question.

Does a newer model( I have no idea of what time frame, but the watch is a brand new purchase) Submariner have the drilled holes on the lugs for the link/bracelet attachment? (In other words are the holes drilled completely thru?)

My limited knowledge of Rolex just has me curious.

Thanks in advance for the correct info/answer!

CHEEPS

VOTE FOR PHAITKRUSH

Hi Rick!

The more recent models do not have the drilled through holes in the lugs. My Submariner was produced in 2000 and does have the holes drilled all the way through. I am not sure if this change in design was done at the same time as Rolex went to the solid end link bracelet or not but I'm thinking that the non drilled through lugs occurred last year.

Interestingly, my 1951 model 6084 has the holes drilled all the way through the lugs on one side only which does make it easier to change the strap.

And,

I would rather not vote for "PHAITKRUSH" unless we are voting him off the island. :-D
    Last edited by TimO; April 12th, 2006 at 19:40.
    Regards,

Tim

1951 Rolex 14k 6084
    1983 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Horween strap
    1987 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Jubilee bracelet
    2000 Rolex TT Submariner 16613

Re: Hi Rick!

[QUOTE=TimO]The more recent models do not have the drilled through holes in the lugs. My Submariner was produced in 2000 and does have the holes drilled all the way through. I am not sure if this change in design was done at the same time as Rolex went to the solid end link bracelet or not but I'm thinking that the non drilled through lugs occurred last year.

Interestingly, my 1951 model 6084 has the holes drilled all the way through the lugs on one side only which does make it easier to change the strap.

And,

I would rather not vote for "PHAITKRUSH" unless we are voting him off the island.

===================================

Thanks Tim !

Are you the ONLY Rolex aficionado who knew this answer OR the only one who had the time to donate to the "newbie" question?
    :-S

I suspected that both the SEL feature and the non drilled thru holes were a new standard feature of the latest models, but the obvious difference caused me to be curious.

See you back on the "friendly" forums!

CHEEPS

VOTE FOR KORONAGORDA

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Little help please!

Current Submariners have drilled lugs and non SEL (Solid End Link) end pieces on a 93150 bracelet.

Also, Submariners with Date have solid lugs with SEL end pieces on a 93250 bracelet.
    The solid lug submariners with date, appeared in late 'Y' series (Sept of 2003). Rolex has yet to update the case and bracelet on the Sub no date.

I need to ....

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Current Submariners have drilled lugs and non SEL (Solid End Link) end pieces on a 93150 bracelet.

Also, Submariners with Date have solid lugs with SEL end pieces on a 93250 bracelet.
    The solid lug submariners with date, appeared in late 'Y' series (Sept of 2003). Rolex has yet to update the case and bracelet on the Sub no date.
    change my mindset. When I think of a Rolex Submariner I tend to only think of the model that I have: Submariner Date.
    Regards,

Tim

1951 Rolex 14k 6084

Re: I need to ....

Quote Originally Posted by TimO
    change my mindset. When I think of a Rolex Submariner I tend to only think of the model that I have: Submariner Date.
    ===============================================

Many of us have been trying to "change your mindset" for years Tim!

If we had only known that a simple change of forum activity location was the needed trigger !

:-D

CHEEPS

VOTE FOR DASHEEPHURTUR

Good one Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEPS
    ===============================================

Many of us have been trying to "change your mindset" for years Tim!

If we had only known that a simple change of forum activity location was the needed trigger !

CHEEPS

VOTE FOR DASHEEPHURTUR

Regards,

Tim

1951 Rolex 14k 6084

Thread Information