Macgyver solution to too tight / too loose Tudor Black Bay bracelet
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iTreelex

Thread: Macgyver solution to too tight / too loose Tudor Black Bay bracelet

I've been having a problem with the bracelet on my black bay 58 either not tight enough with a link in and at the tightest micro-adjust hole, or too tight with the link out and at the loosest micro hole. My DIY solution:

Put in the link so that you will have to use the tightest micro-adjust hole (I.e. the too loose configuration).

Cut a tiny piece of fabric (I used an old nato strap) and paste it on the inside of the clasp. The pictures will show you which part I'm referring to. I just use normal double sided tape so everything is reversible and there's no damage at all.

The position of the fabric is important. You don't want it too close to the clasp mechanism itself as it may hinder proper closure of the clasp. What I found best is if the fabric piece sits in between the two links as shown.

As you can see, it raises the bracelet up abit effectively shortening it's overall length. It does make the underside sit higher than normal, but it's well worth it to get that perfect fit.

Before you say that we shouldn't have to do this on a luxury watch, I know this is far from ideal, and Tudor should sell half links and/or have more than 3 microadjust holes, but I hope this helps someone out there who has the same problem as me. Beats whining about it in my opinion. Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SOTC: Tudor Black Bay 58, Steinhart Ocean One Bronze, Zelos Hammerhead 2 Bronze Forged Carbon, Seiko Coral Blue Sumo, Dracula Monster, SARG003 Alpinist, Casio G-Shock DW6900 (1995), G-Shock GR8900A

Gone but not forgotten
    : Steinhart Ocean One 39 Ceramic, Zelos Swordfish v2, Seiko SARY055, Gilt Turtle, Baby Tuna, Casio Edifice

Re: Macgyver solution to too tight / too loose Tudor Black Bay bracelet

I believe that the Easylink from Rolex fits the 58 - I recall seeing an advertisement for a 58 for sale with one fitted. That would be my preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
    I believe that the Easylink from Rolex fits the 58 - I recall seeing an advertisement for a 58 for sale with one fitted. That would be my preferred option.
    Did a google search after you mentioned that and saw the sales post. No other information online however unfortunately.
    SOTC: Tudor Black Bay 58, Steinhart Ocean One Bronze, Zelos Hammerhead 2 Bronze Forged Carbon, Seiko Coral Blue Sumo, Dracula Monster, SARG003 Alpinist, Casio G-Shock DW6900 (1995), G-Shock GR8900A

Gone but not forgotten
    : Steinhart Ocean One 39 Ceramic, Zelos Swordfish v2, Seiko SARY055, Gilt Turtle, Baby Tuna, Casio Edifice

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just a heads up that if you are planning to put an easy link extension you'll have to file down the tudor link to make it fit. The male end of the Tudor link is about 8.5mm while the female end of the easy link is about 7.5mm.

I'm surprised you haven't found a good fit OP. Have you taken into consideration that your wrist swells and shrinks during the day?I have my BB58 feel loose on colder days and snug when it's warm but not loose enough to slide around and not tight enough to cut off circulation.
    Dan Pierce likes this.
    |Ω

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    Just a heads up that if you are planning to put an easy link extension you'll have to file down the tudor link to make it fit. The male end of the Tudor link is about 8.5mm while the female end of the easy link is about 7.5mm.

I'm surprised you haven't found a good fit OP. Have you taken into consideration that your wrist swells and shrinks during the day?I have my BB58 feel loose on colder days and snug when it's warm but not loose enough to slide around and not tight enough to cut off circulation.
    Unfortunately for me it fits comfortably when cold, but way too tight for my liking when it heats up. I'm at the last micro adjustment hole (one more would be perfect) and adding an extra link in is way too loose even at the tightest setting.

Gone but not forgotten

It's a shame you cannot get a good fit and are having to resort to hacks, tbh if it were me this would put me off wearing it, hopefully someone here can suggest a better solution tho best solution is if manufacturers would just give us more options!

Full marks for finding a workaround like this. An extra bonus point for a Macgyver reference as well. Ive always found simple clasps like the BB are fairly easy to size with the old push pin option so maybe your wrist is in between notches. I have a similar problem with my Pelagos clasp during very hot weather. The rest of the year its fine but its not adjustable enough to allow expansion or my wrist in really hot weather.

I've used stick on pads before. But like the Omega globe master, I generally move it on soon after I realize what I've done.

Yeah I do exactly the same, but with a thick double tape, but dont peel the other side off. Generally the same idea.

I have the same issue with bb41 and here is my solution.

In all seriousness thanks for the suggestion. Will try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by DuckaDiesel; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:33.

Thread Information