I've posted in a few threads about a deposit I did with an AD for a SS sub with date right as states started to shutdown due to COVID. I had my concerns about the transaction, due to how quickly things moved. I got put on the list, and 3 days later they said they have a watch for me, but since they are closed, I have to wait till they reopen (you can search for my posts to get more details as to what has happened).
MAJOR UPDATE: I'm happy to report that on Monday, I got an email from the specialist I was working with saying that they will ship the watch to me and I don't have to wait till they reopen! I couldn't believe it.
Monday evening the corporate called for the rest of the money, and I received the watch this morning! (like 30 minutes ago :))
Unfortunately, it does need to be resized, but it's not like I go out of the house nowadays... so I can wait.
AD really pulled through here, and I'm happy that they "disappointed" me on my "doubts of intention". Maybe it was the "exclusivity" factor of this model that put so much doubt into my head about the ability of the AD to provide...
I'm happy to say that i didn't have to sell my first born, or play stupid games with AD as was suggested by other AD (i.e. spend with us and i will put you on the list), nor did I get a snobby brush off as I did at yet another AD (I posted a thread about those experiences)
A HUGE THANK YOU to the forum members that encouraged me to go on, even with bad experiences. For me, it ended up like this:
- emailed a sales associate I bought 2 watches from as a walki-n customer 1.5 years ago
- we went back and fort a bit about other watches, and possibility of a used one (all over email and 1 phone call)
- finally I emailed her and said, can you just put me on the list if such exists - she said sure, let me reach out to corporate (they were already shutdown)
- got a call a few days later for a deposit (they wanted full amount - gave them 50% they didn't object).
- nervously was waiting to be screwed (DIDN'T happen) :):)
- got the watch before they actually opened.
now the pessimistic side of me: was it covid? was it end of quarter (as suggested by another post)? or was it both?..... ok, i have to tell myself - WHO CARES NOW!!! I'm now happy to own the watch I genuinely wanted.
again, A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE FORUM for support.