Matching Rolex Bracelet and Watch Year

Thread: Matching Rolex Bracelet and Watch Year

Matching Rolex Bracelet and Watch Year

Hello Everyone, Im looking for perspective or opinion on the question: Would a bracelet made year bother you if it was not made the same year as the watch head?

My current situation is that I purchased a 14060M two liner 2002 year model. I sold the original bracelet 93150 with 501b hollow end links years back due to it feeling light. At the time I associated weight with quality but now after owning many other watches I realize that I prefer the light weight of the original bracelet. So now im trying to source a replacement bracelet but its hard to find one with a 2002 stamped year code (stamped DT) to match my watch head. Does this matter, would love to hear your opinion.

I even thought of selling my watch and look for a complete 14060m full set so everything matches again. Would anyone else do this, or is this extreme OCD.. lol? One thing I did notice is that many listings dont have original bracelets, after paying attention to bracelet stamps I noticed that many don't match the watch head serial number.

For anyone wondering if your bracelet year matches your watch head use the following link, or don't it might be one of those things that once you know its there it will bother you.. proceed at your own risk:

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-serial-numbers
    Last edited by Jayfalcon22; 3 Days Ago at 06:14.

Re: Matching Rolex Bracelet and Watch Year

No, if I am keeping the watch.
    Yes, if it's for sale as it is important to many people who are sourcing period correct watches, period correct bracelet, etc.

If it bugs you, sell the watch head as there are some (like me) who don't really care as my watch box is a black hole. Watch enters and never leaves.
    Brother of OoO

If you have a complete set, boxes, papers, etc... then yes it would make a difference. If it’s just a casual wearer, I would not worry. Especially that the older references look great on a strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    No, if I am keeping the watch.
    Yes, if it's for sale as it is important to many people who are sourcing period correct watches, period correct bracelet, etc.

If it bugs you, sell the watch head as there are some (like me) who don't really care as my watch box is a black hole. Watch enters and never leaves. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif[/IMG]
    Agreed! Definitely wouldn’t care if I was set on keeping it. Trying to source correct bracelets for vintage watches seem quite hard. On the other hand I have seen people do a clasp swap instead of a bracelet swap.

Re: Matching Rolex Bracelet and Watch Year

Awesome, thank you all for your comments. Im definitely in the category of keeping my watch, I want it to be something i pass down to my son one day.

For sourcing bracelets is chrono24 and ebay the best places or does anyone know of any other sources? I was trying to find accounts on Instagram does anyone follow any reputable account that offers parts or bracelets?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfalcon22 View Post
    Awesome, thank you all for your comments. Im definitely in the category of keeping my watch, I want it to be something i pass down to my son one day.

For sourcing bracelets is chrono24 and ebay the best places or does anyone know of any other sources? I was trying to find accounts on Instagram does anyone follow any reputable account that offers parts or bracelets?
    If it’s a watch that you think maybe an investment piece in the future I suggest that you find the matching bracelet since that’ll greatly affect value. Think Paul newman Daytona Head vs a full set.

Thread Information