WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My early birthday present to myself 16030 Tapestry dial.

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Gibsons 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I just just wanted to share a picture of my new watch, a 1981 16030 with tapestry dial. Sorry for the blurry cellphone picture.

I sold my 6694 (34mm) a few months ago and started the hunt for a vintage DJ. I was searching for a 1603 but stumble upon this fine looking 16030. The 2mm extra really does make a difference. I got her pressure tested last week for a peace of mind.
The dial reads ''Swiss'' only so according to the rolex centre since the watch was service in 1999 they could have replaced the dial…''Swiss'' only dials were use between 1998-2000.

Thanks for looking,

Alex

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
Reactions: Strela and iinsic
#2 ·
The premise of Rolex has been the concept of a 'lifetime' watch. Now, of course we now know that at least on the RSC level, they're declining to service many of their products from 40+ years ago, but a 16030 doesn't fall into that category and the 3XXX quickset movements are still fully serviceable by Rolex and its affiliate independent repair facilities, so you're the beneficiary of a classic Datejust with a like new (at least in Rolex years) dial that should still be around and ticking for another 30 years or so. And the combo of the Jubilee bracelet and engine turned bezel makes that specimen really pop.

You're living proof that patience in the hunt for what you want can pay off when looking for a specific Rolex. I suspect that at least for the next few years, you'll find lots of excuses to be checking the timepiece on your wrist.

#3 ·
That is true Kawika as the 16030 is what some consider an in-between…Not recent but not vintage model. For now I'm not even finding excuses to check the time, I simply stair at my watch. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.