My little collection
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My little collection

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My little collection

I know itís not comparable to a lot of others around here, but Iím pretty happy with my little Rolex collection so far.

Question for you all. My Coke is an E serial 16710. I want to keep the bracelet in good shape and only wear it occasionally. What do you think about a rubber or nato strap to wear more daily?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    zimv20ca, EightEyes and SkiMon like this.

CSG

Re: My little collection

I think Rolex sport watches look awful on rubber, leather, and cloth straps. Better to wear it on the bracelet which can be easily rebrushed when needed. Plus it looks better.
    HiggsBoson and Nikita70 like this.

I think a bracelet would be most comfortable for daily wear. That said, I think it would look good on a NATO or Zulu strap. Not really a fan of rubber on this reference.
    ryanboude likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    I think Rolex sport watches look awful on rubber, leather, and cloth straps. Better to wear it on the bracelet which can be easily rebrushed when needed. Plus it looks better.
    This man talks sense! Mind you, what do you expect from a guy who is the spitting image of Albert Einstein.
    Tarek307 likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Good points! Iíll keep the bracelet and just use judgment to keep it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same way. People told me to buy an older Sub (instead of the SubC) as they go better with straps. Well I never intend to have it off the bracelet.

Rolex watches look the best on its OG bracelet, period. So far I havent found one rubber strap brand can lift Rolex sport models.

First of all welcome to WUS and must say very nice duo. IMO five-digit watches go well with canvas or NATO straps and would tend to go in that direction to help preserve additional stretch in the OEM bracelet. After a recent meetup with in Dallas with a couple of long-standing WUS members, I noted one of the guys was wearing a black B&R synthetic strap with blue contrast stitching on his vintage Tudor diver that had a blue dial and blue bezel that looked great to the extent I ordered a B&R synthetic strap for myself. Too many synthetic straps don't reach the bar for my tastes although this one does.

That said, my experience is that six-digit Rolexes do not seem to work particularly well off bracelet, primarily due to the lug holes being a bit closer to to the case than for and five digit Rolexes. Furthermore, the current six-digit bracelets are much nicer than earlier five-digit ones. What I wrote reflects my personal preference. However YMMV ...

Does no one here like the everest strap on the submariner? At least the modern ceramic version?

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    First of all welcome to WUS and must say very nice duo. IMO five-digit watches go well with canvas or NATO straps and would tend to go in that direction to help preserve additional stretch in the OEM bracelet. After a recent meetup with in Dallas with a couple of long-standing WUS members, I noted one of the guys was wearing a black B&R synthetic strap with blue contrast stitching on his vintage Tudor diver that had a blue dial and blue bezel that looked great to the extent I ordered a B&R synthetic strap for myself. Too many synthetic straps don't reach the bar for my tastes although this one does.

That said, my experience is that six-digit Rolexes do not seem to work particularly well off bracelet, primarily due to the lug holes being a bit closer to to the case than for and five digit Rolexes. Furthermore, the current six-digit bracelets are much nicer than earlier five-digit ones. What I wrote reflects my personal preference. However YMMV ...
    Thanks for the welcome

I'm curious to see some pics if you'd share once you get that strap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information