My new (used) BB41 running little too fast. Send it in for service check?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My new (used) BB41 running little too fast. Send it in for service check?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new (used) BB41 running little too fast. Send it in for service check?

I just received my BB41 about a week ago. Love the watch, but it seems to be running little fast, about +12 spd. Surprisingly worse than my Seiko mini Turtle! I bought it used, but it's still under warranty (original purchase date was March 2019). Should I send it in for a warranty service or hold on to it for few more months to see if the accuracy gets any better? Or is this a non-issue and I'm worrying about nothing?

Of course this will be done after all the covid19 related restrictions are lifted.
    Last edited by bismarck_1870; April 8th, 2020 at 20:21.

Re: My new (used) BB41 running little too fast. Send it in for service check?

When my 36 was running +15 spd, they said it was within spec and gave me some hassle about it but ultimately took it in and serviced under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck_1870 View Post
    I just received my BB41 about a week ago. Love the watch, but it seems to be running little fast, about +12 spd. Surprisingly worse than my Seiko mini Turtle! I bought it used, but it's still under warranty (original purchase date was March 2019). Should I send it in for a warranty service now or hold on to it for few more weeks to see if the accuracy gets any better? Or is this a non-issue and I'm worrying about nothing?
    Who are you going to send it to? Practically every non-essential position around the world has been put on hold. If any service centre is still open, I would be willing to bet it's handling existing cases only and working a skeleton service. If you do send it in, it'll possibly sit for months unattended. Just wear it, and hack it every week or so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would personally have it regulated under warranty when the service centres are open again as it is running too fast for my liking.
    Rolex Sub Date
    Omega Speedmaster
    Tudor BB GMT
    Bremont Supermarine S500 BL
    Seiko Kinetic Diver

This may sound like a daft question but how are you measuring this accuracy? With normal use or winding it and setting it down on a table for a day or so? The latter will most likely give false accuracy results. This is why so many people report back that their watches have been returned by the service as being within spec as accuracy is measured in several positions to replicate normal day to day use. If you can, look for member “archer” over on the omega forum. He can explain accuracy so much better and he’s an omega technician. You may have got unlucky but the Tudor movements have a good reputation for their accuracy. Meanwhile enjoy your BB. Brilliant watches.

Yes, if my new Tudor watch was running +15sec per day over weeks then I'd take it back to the AD for a check once the shops are open again.

lvt

You should try the DIY demagnetizing process before sending it in.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

sell it to me! haha

I've been wearing the watch during the day. So after about 8 hours of wearing, it's gaining about 3-4 seconds. Using both the timing app and the stopwatch on my phone.

In the big picture, it's really a 1st world problem. Just wanted to know if this is normal for a Tudor ETA watch. If not, then I'll send it out for servicing when all the craziness ends.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    This may sound like a daft question but how are you measuring this accuracy? With normal use or winding it and setting it down on a table for a day or so? The latter will most likely give false accuracy results. This is why so many people report back that their watches have been returned by the service as being within spec as accuracy is measured in several positions to replicate normal day to day use. If you can, look for member “archer” over on the omega forum. He can explain accuracy so much better and he’s an omega technician. You may have got unlucky but the Tudor movements have a good reputation for their accuracy. Meanwhile enjoy your BB. Brilliant watches.
    thx67 likes this.

Unless it's usually at near fully wound, it may run outside of spec.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information