WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My wife gave me my own Datejust for my birthday!

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  billiybop 
#1 ·
Let me explain; This DJ is 28 years old, (circa 1991) and I had it for about 10 years. It has broken at least 3 times. Once when the mainspring broke when I was hand winding
and wiped out the balance complete and escape wheel.
Another time when I sent it to Rolex to repair when something else broke and it cost me a small fortune to pay for.
The third breakdown was when I was hand winding 'cause I hadn't worn for a long time and there was a grinding sound when I wound it.
So, I told my wife I give up on this Rolex and might just give it away to someone for parts.
Well, unbeknown to me, my lovely wife took my broken DJ to a watchmaker friend that we know and had it overhauled and gave it back to me for my birthday.
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Button Jewellery Metal Silver

See less See more
#3 ·
I do think it is a wonderful-looking timepiece. Congratulations on getting it back. It sounds as if your wife is one heck of a keeper........even more than the watch. :-!

BTW, your picture just cements the fact that I believe a 36mm watch is the PERFECT size for some people. It really does look great.

#6 ·
Now don't be so rough winding your watch.

Reactions: billiybop
#7 ·
Great story!

Enjoy your DateJust and wear it in good health!

Reactions: billiybop
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.