WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need help to check if my Rolex 6694 is authentic and original (With close up pics)

436 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  guyastronomer 
#1 ·
Hey watch fam, I've recently purchased a 1979 Rolex 6694 with a matte black dial and steel hands which the reputable local seller claims is original. It is my first Rolex. However I just want to confirm with the experts here whether the dial/hands has been reworked before and also if the watch is authentic. However, upon closer look I notice that the last letter X on the ROLEX logo is a little off at the bottom right corner of the letter and the lume is surprisingly visible even after 40 years, but only under pitch dark conditions. Should I be concerned about it? Is the dial untouched and not reworked on before? Let me know your opinions. (I have attached a few high def photos, please have a look)

Thank you very much! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
New or overly polished hands? They would usually have a cavity where the lume lives, even if the lume is gone. (Or it could be your picture?)

Reactions: guyastronomer
#4 ·
I was told and did some research. Apparently there is a rare version of the 6694 with a matte t swiss t dial, with lume on the silver markers but no lume on the hands. Mine does not have the lume on the hands and there were a few versions of the datejust and other vintage models like this. I don't know how true is this, but I've seen a very one with the same hands as mine sold online awhile ago here: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...sion-manual-wind-fits-7-reduced-price.485377/

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.