WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A new Rolex F1 ambassador in the works?

1K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  DaMann 
#1 ·
We all know that Rolex has been an event sponsor for some of the most high profile sports in the world which includes Tennis, Golf and Formula One. This sponsorship extends to the sportsmen and sportswomen alike. At the moment, the Formula One ambassador is none other than Sir Jackie Stewart who famously worn his Daytona at the Monte Carlo F1 race.

What is interesting is that a former F1 World Champion was spotted in a Rolex DSSD and he wasn't very subtle in "advertising" the Rolex on his wrist. Is this the new F1 ambassador waiting in the wings to step up to the work that Sir Jack has been doing all these years? As you might (or not) know, Sir Jack is getting on in years.

But all threads are not complete without pictures, so here are some screen shots and the latest video from Nico Rosberg, 2016 F1 World Champion.

Clock Clock tower

Muscle Games

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

… and the full video is here.

See less See more
1 3
#2 ·
Nothing spells success like one time world champ.

Think about the other options from the current generation:
Hamilton - he's too busy with hair products and making his ear sparkle
Vettel - Why would you want your brand who is basically useless anytime there is something that resembles competition
Crashtappen - need I say more?
Riccardo - he leaves, your team improves, guaranteed
Bottas - best ...... bridesmaid ...... ever

#3 ·
Nothing spells success like one time world champ.

Think about the other options from the current generation:
Hamilton - he's too busy with hair products and making his ear sparkle
Vettel - Why would you want your brand who is basically useless anytime there is something that resembles competition
Crashtappen - need I say more?
Riccardo - he leaves, your team improves, guaranteed
Bottas - best ...... bridesmaid ...... ever
LOL. Been beaten to the championship all the time by Hamilton and that only one time he attained his grail... and retired. But yeah, Nico Rosberg is carving out a nice career on social media and some other sponsorship deals. I read somewhere that he was also investing in electric vehicles (not sure if this was true).

#6 ·
F1 just seems to have "lost it" in recent years.

I dont know what happened, maybe I got old or maybe it changed.

Thirty years or more ago, I had to visit Adelaide for a meeting. I was driving an Avis hire Toyota Corolla SC. I came around a corner in the city and the surface changed. There were strange markings on the road. I couldnt stop smiling when I realised I was on the GP street circuit where Gerhardt Burger had won at the weekend. It took an hour to get that grin off my face.

I doubt these days they would let you run a race like that, through a CBD.

Here is Nakajimi at the Stag Hotel.

Land vehicle Vehicle Race car Formula libre Formula one car

Reactions: EHV and EightEyes
#10 ·
@Dogbert

Nico Rosberg IS ALREADY a Rolex ambassador for quite a while...

From the Rolex website:
Text Chin Nose White-collar worker Font

From his instagram account:
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Brand Watch accessory

Vehicle Car Automotive design Asphalt Technology

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.