Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else? - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Canwatch View Post
    What size is your wrist?
    My wrist is 6.5 to 6.75”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m up in Canada, and what I’ve been told is that since our dollar is been pretty low lately, stock has been flowing to the US because of margins are better. For example, up here a No Date Sub 114060 is $8550CAN MSRP, which works out to about $6500USD. So it’s pretty much a 15% discount by buying in Canada. Both Tudor and Rolex have about a 10-20% haircut off of the USD MSRP by purchasing up here, but wait times are longer.

That said, I am willing to wait those horribly long wait times to save a few bucks.

But so far what I’ve heard is that I should set my eyes on the 114060 or BB58. Both are so nice and have their pros and cons. Maybe I’ll just get on the wait list for both. Both have in-house movement, but the BB58 is half the price. I could almost get a white OP39 for the price difference. Hard decisions since that ceramic bezel on the 114060 is so nice.
    I just cannot imagine it's a year long wait list for an OP39. Doesn't make any sense being the stock available in the US at any given time. With that said, why not get on the list for the Sub and buy what you want now? If you get the call for the Sub early, you should be able to sell the BB58 or OP or whatever you ended up getting for near what you paid. Like you said, get on the list but also buy what you want now. No reason to NOT buy, frankly!!
    On Wrist:

Casio - G-Shock GAS100PC-1A
    Rolex - Explorer MkII (214270)
    Rolex - Oyster Perpetual 39 (White) (114300)
    Tudor - Black Bay GMT (79830RB)
    Tudor - Pelagos (Blue) (25600TB)

If you want a bit of colour, take a look at the Omega Aqua terra range. There are lots of options from bright metallic blues/greys to the more industrial white dial black markers. Theyre also very versatile with straps. I always feel theyre like a sport version of the OP. The Polar is also a great idea but they wear pretty big and theyre becoming like subs nowadays.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigjaymofo View Post
    Honestly, I thought the 114060 was the greatest watch ever made, until I bought a BB58 and then a white OP 39mm...I ended up selling my sub because it wasn’t getting ANY wrist time after picking those two up.
    100 Percent agree with this. My white OP 39 has ruined a bunch of watches in my collection.
    I think I will be getting rid of quite a few over the next few months.
    When purchasing the OP and BB GMT I had opportunity to also get the BB58, but my beautiful bride had her eyes on another 36 BB in navy, so no go for 3 for me.
    It was very nice though.
    bigjaymofo likes this.

I have thought about getting a 36 OP in blue for a while now... It’s my favorite Classic series Rolex, by a country mile.

My wrists are larger than yours, about 7.25”, all bone. The watches that I wear the most are the Explorer (39mm) and the ceramic Daytona (38.5mm)... I could certainly see myself in a 36mm though. And just thinking about that blue dial... Wow. Perfect shade, perfect subtle pop... Amazing.

With your wrists, obviously a 36mm is a safe bet. But if you do decide to go into 39-40mm territory, I wouldn’t suggest the OP... It features a thin bezel, which means the dial is proportionally larger, making the watch wear larger on the wrist. The 39mm OP wears larger than the 39mm Explorer, for instance.

If you’re going to go 39-40mm, and you want a new watch, go for the 58, which will wear smaller than the OP 39.

The current Rolex Sub ND is going to be massive on you, what with it’s Supercase construction. If you want a Sub ND, I’d recommend going for used or NOS pre-Supercase models. You’ll lose out on the ceramic bezel (if you consider that a loss, I don’t) and the superior clasp... But it will be a much better fit for you than the current iteration.

Likewise, if you want to go for an Explorer II, I’d suggest a used or NOS 16570 40mm version (which actually measures 39mm). Again, you lose the superior clasp, but realistically, I don’t see the current version working for you. It’s a 42mm watch with Supercase dimensions... It presents somewhere in the 44mm-45mm range. Easily the second largest-wearing Rolex made, larger even than the 43mm SeaDweller, and second only to the DeepSea. It looked silly on me, and will look cartoonish on you.

If you’re really feeling a Professional series model, the 16570 Explorer II might just be your Goldilocks... 39mm, but wears smaller than other Rolex 39mm models, due to the larger brushed steel bezel with 24 hour markings. Or if you’re feeling something from the Classic series, I really can’t say enough good things about the blue 36mm OP. Just a gorgeous watch in the skin.
    Last edited by starter; 1 Week Ago at 00:29.
    Rusty427 likes this.

BTW that Black OP 36mm is an absolute stunner. I have one myself. Definitely my top 2 or 1 watch. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, The longer I have it the more I like it. The design choices became more apparent as I used it. ex double baton for 3,6,9 are super easy to distinguish for at a glance time telling. Love the lume, functional and not over bearing. And the subtle sunburst dial is fantastic. 10/10 watch. And I love that it is a watch first and rolex second (no over the top rolex cues like cyclops and fluted bezel). Sooooo classy and with The omission of the date, makes it symmetrical. I also like that the minute track numbers are not corrected/ inverted from 4 to 8 and are left upside down, it gives it a no frills feel and slightly technical air.

Anyways to ans your question:

OP39 White or SubC no date

Leaning towards OP39 white because (IMO) SUB is over done, and gives me that ever so slight (very slight) "pretentious" feeling because how many owners don't actually dive with it and it has become the "rolex to get" among everyone. Not necessarily a bad thing, I can appreciate the excellent legibility and using the bezel to time stuff....but on the other hand OP39 is pure class. If you are getting the squale definitely get the OP39, because I think the SUBc would be redundant where as the white OP would complement the black OP and the Squale. On the other hand, if you get the SUB and you don't like the sub you could always sell for a profit.

The SUBc is a one and done type of watch. But same could be said about balck or white OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Troll View Post
    Leaning towards OP39 white because (IMO) SUB is over done, and gives me that ever so slight (very slight) "pretentious" feeling because how many owners don't actually dive with it and it has become the "rolex to get" among everyone.
    ^^^ This is my only hesitation with the Sub. plus my wife isn’t a fan 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Troll View Post
    The SUBc is a one and done type of watch. But same could be said about balck or white OP.
    ^^^It’s a hard decision since they are all so nice, and can be a ‘perfect watch’. My wife would say get the OP39 in white but I’m hesitant there that it to similar. Damn by posting this, it hasn't made it easier.

Sleep on it for some time, aslo make a pros and cons list for both, that has helped me in the past. Think about what you might use more white op or black sub consideing you have a black OP. Wait if the squale to see if it satisfys the sub itch. I bet it will. It will also make it clear if you would use it more over the OP. If it doesn't get much wrist time and you don't particularly like the look or feel, then you know.

Also wife's opnion is valueabe becase she has an unbiased perspective. Not to mention my wife knows some of my preferences better than me and hepls steer me in that "want to buy something " moment. She can tell if i really want something or if I'm looking to burn some $$. Also there are a couple of watches i don't wear as much because my wife doesn't like the look and one i wear a little more often because she says it looks good (actuallybeing the black OP 36mm).

I think im going to go with your wife on this one, black OP, squale (for me that would cover sub itch), and white OP to complement the other two. In addition, i don't think it is too similar at all but rather different because it has an opposite color dial.

^^^ This is my only hesitation with the Sub. plus my wife isn’t a fan 😞

^^^It’s a hard decision since they are all so nice, and can be a ‘perfect watch’. My wife would say get the OP39 in white but I’m hesitant there that it to similar. Damn by posting this, it hasn't made it easier.
    Oh yes it has! Let me assure you, all good things that I purchased and was happy I did so later on was because of my wife encouraging me to do it! If she likes the white OP, forget all of our comments and buy the white OP my man.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information