Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?

Hey everybody,

I just finally got my first Rolex and that itch to save up for another one is back again.

I just traded in my Black Bay Red ETA and sold a Aquaracer for a Black Oyster Perpetual 36. The biggest reason for my sale of the BB is that I have smaller 6.5” wrists and the BB just felt too clunky on my wrist.

I am trying to decided what might be a good next watch as wait times at both the ADs close to me are soooo long :( if I don’t want to pay a stupid premium from getting it somewhere else.

I currently have:
    -Black OP36
    -Seiko Sarb035
    -Seiko SKX007
    -And my wife is getting me a Squale 1545 militare for X-mas :)

I was thinking I need a bit of colour back in my collection, but I think if I get another Rolex I want to keep it classic (black or white). Tudor on the other hand may be a good option to add some colour again. I can always add straps to get some colour :)

I was thinking of these possibilities:
    -OP39 white (1 year plus wait list)
    -OP36 Blue Dial (also wait list)
    -Sub Nodate (maybe years for WL)
    Polar Explorer II (I have always loved the look but might be too big)
    Blackbay 58 (I have to pay a large down payment to even get on the wait list)
    Blackbay 36 Blue (I like it but and I foresee no problem getting this anytime)

I like the OP39 and the BB36, but are they too similar to my OP36? The BB36 would add that splash of colour into my collection.

Or should I just say screw it and wait it out for a few years and get that Sub NoDate or BB58? Any other suggestions for smaller wrists?

I want to buy new. I got immense satisfaction pulling those stickers off my OP, and I want to be the one who puts the scratches and dings onto the watch.

Thanks.

Here is a picture of my OP36
    Name:  op36.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  479.8 KB
    Last edited by Canwatch; 1 Week Ago at 22:56.
    LINVS and Surly Troll like this.

Re: Next Rolex/Tudor? Another OP or something else?

I have about a 7 inch wrist, and looooove my BB58. I went for the leather strap version and have no complaints about it. A nato and bracelet are on order with my AD, so it'll come when it comes. IF you go for the leather or nato you can get one as soon as you find it. They're around.
    Tudor Black Bay 58
    1966 Omega Constellation
    Bulova Lunar Pilot
    Seiko SKX007
    Vostok Amphibian
    Vostok Komandirskie

Instagram: Offset_Crown

Yeah the BB58 does look really nice... never seen one in the wild yet. But for the price of a Sub, I can almost get a BB58 and a OP or BB36.... am I talking myself into multiple watch’s now?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My advice is to hold out and wait for a 114060 ceramic no date Submariner to rotate with your OP36.

^^^ that is good advice.
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canwatch View Post
    <snip>
    I currently have:
    -Black OP36
    -Seiko Sarb035
    -Seiko SKX007
    ::
    I was thinking I need a bit of colour back in my collection, but I can always add straps to get some colour
    :;
    - Polar Explorer II
    - Blackbay 58
    - Blackbay 36 Blue
    Or should I just say screw it and wait it out for a few years and get that Sub NoDate or BB58? Any other suggestions for smaller wrists?
    I want to buy new.
    []
    Distilled your post to only the essentials. The only watch you should really get from your list is the Submariner.

Since all the Rolex watches you want involve a wait time, then it is no different which one you order. Might as well go for the Sub as that is about the largest you can wear in your wrist. You can put it on the rubber b straps to spice it up and put some colour into your watch.

The Polar Exp II will be too big for you and the BB36 or OP are just a duplication of your current OP.

The Squale 1545 is not worth it in my opinion if youre going to get a Sub. For the same money, consider an off the mainstream brand like Sinn, Damasko, Laco or Stowa.

Id hold out a little while for a 58 or a no date sub. Now one thing you mentioned is you have smallish wrists. If thats the case, then the 58 will probably fit you much better as it has more classic proportions and is 39mm in diameter. The 6 digit sub references wear really large. Closer to 42mm watches if you can believe it.

Id also consider going the older 5 digit route like a 14060. If you have smaller wrists, then that reference would fit perfect and its also got hollow end links which cut down the overall size and wrap great around the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GmtMasterIII View Post
    Id hold out a little while for a 58 or a no date sub. Now one thing you mentioned is you have smallish wrists. If thats the case, then the 58 will probably fit you much better as it has more classic proportions and is 39mm in diameter. The 6 digit sub references wear really large. Closer to 42mm watches if you can believe it.

Id also consider going the older 5 digit route like a 14060. If you have smaller wrists, then that reference would fit perfect and its also got hollow end links which cut down the overall size and wrap great around the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with this.

I have about 6.5inch wrists, and the 6 digit references don't wear well on me (too chunky).

I have a 14060M and that one fits perfectly.

But you say you want to buy new, so probably the Black Bays would be your best bet.

Honestly, I thought the 114060 was the greatest watch ever made, until I bought a BB58 and then a white OP 39mm...I ended up selling my sub because it wasnt getting ANY wrist time after picking those two up.
    ronsetoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canwatch View Post
    Hey everybody,

I just finally got my first Rolex and that itch to save up for another one is back again.

I just traded in my Black Bay Red ETA and sold a Aquaracer for a Black Oyster Perpetual 36. The biggest reason for my sale of the BB is that I have smaller 6.5€ wrists and the BB just felt too clunky on my wrist.

I am trying to decided what might be a good next watch as wait times at both the ADs close to me are soooo long :( if I don€™t want to pay a stupid premium from getting it somewhere else.

I currently have:
    -Black OP36
    -Seiko Sarb035
    -Seiko SKX007

I was thinking I need a bit of colour back in my collection, but I think if I get another Rolex I want to keep it classic (black or white). Tudor on the other hand may be a good option to add some colour again. I can always add straps to get some colour :)

Polar Explorer II (I have always loved the look but might be too big)
    Blackbay 58 (I have to pay a large down payment to even get on the wait list)
    Blackbay 36 Blue (I like it but and I foresee no problem getting this anytime)

I like the OP39 and the BB36, but are they too similar to my OP36? The BB36 would add that splash of colour into my collection.

I want to buy new. I got immense satisfaction pulling those stickers off my OP, and I want to be the one who puts the scratches and dings onto the watch.

Thanks.

Here is a picture of my OP36
    Name:  op36.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  479.8 KB
    There is absolutely not a one-year wait list for the white OP39. Call around. I see the white OP39 fairly often. It may be a month or so wait list, but it's not something I don't see at random NY/NJ ADs in the case.
    On Wrist:

Casio - G-Shock GAS100PC-1A
    Rolex - Explorer MkII (214270)
    Rolex - Oyster Perpetual 39 (White) (114300)
    Tudor - Black Bay GMT (79830RB)
    Tudor - Pelagos (Blue) (25600TB)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information