Is the OP Lume chromalight or superluminova?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is the OP Lume chromalight or superluminova?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the OP Lume chromalight or superluminova?

Well..do any of you know if the OP39 has chromalight or superluminova?

Of course the OP39 glows green, instead of blue.

I don't know hoe other size of OP glow, if blue or green but I see absolutely no difference in the lume on the OP versus my Seiko SKX .

So..chromalight or superluminova on the OP39?

Re: Is the OP Lume chromalight or superluminova?

The original 39mm releases use Superluminova. I had a blue dial with the three lumed indices. I believe they still do with the newer fully lumed offerings as well but I don't know for sure.

It's green lume, so superluminova.
    Rolex Submariner 114060, Cartier Tank (wife), Universal Geneve Super Microtor, David Yurman Belmont Automatic, G-Shock DW5600E-1V

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Unce_Turbo_997 View Post
    It's green lume, so superluminova.
    Super-LumiNova comes in a variety of colors. Not just green. Super-LumiNova also comes in blue. The attached chart shows the color of the paint in daylight when it isn't glowing. For example, BG W9 looks almost white in daylight but glows the same color as Chromalight in the dark. I don't know this for fact but I wouldn't be surprised if Chromalight is just Super-LumiNova that Rolex calls Chromalight. I have a few watches that have BG W9 paint and they glow with pretty much the same color and intensity as Rolex Chromalight.

Name:  SuperLuminova Chart 02-05-16.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  407.1 KB

no!!!

Itís a secret recipe that Hans Wilsdorf found in a secret bunker build by aliens that visited earth for some cheese shopping in the 18th century. The glowing material can only be produced during a super moon event by 21 year old virgins....thatís the Rolex way.
    omeglycine likes this.
    ó
    Watches in profile....

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post

no!!!

Itís a secret recipe that Hans Wilsdorf found in a secret bunker build by aliens that visited earth for some cheese shopping in the 18th century. The glowing material can only be produced during a super moon event by 21 year old virgins....thatís the Rolex way.
    I heard the same, though one part doesnít add up. I question the veracity of the virgins bit; Rolex likes people who know what they are doing.

All of the watches on the Rolex website that glow blue specifically state that the lume is Chromalight. The OP glows green and does not specify any lume type at all....I would say it's superluminova if Rolex isn't specifying it

The point I'm trying to make is that I believe Rolex uses Super-LumiNova for all of their watches including the ones that specify "Chromalight". I think they're just rebadging the name to make it their own name instead of calling it what it really is. I believe Chromalight is actually Super-LumiNova BG W9.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that I believe Rolex uses Super-LumiNova for all of their watches including the ones that specify "Chromalight". I think they're just rebadging the name to make it their own name instead of calling it what it really is. I believe Chromalight is actually Super-LumiNova BG W9.
    Do you have anything to go on besides the color or is this just a wild guess?
    Is it time for another coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Kinda like oyster steel :).

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information