OP39+ Cash for a DJ41
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: OP39+ Cash for a DJ41

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OP39+ Cash for a DJ41

Hello Everyone!

I am considering selling my OP39 and adding cash for a brand new Datejust 41. Specifically a fluted bezel with a jubilee bracelet. I like my OP, however I kind of fell out of love with it. I have had the watch for over a year but cannot stop thinking about the Datejust 41. What do you all think? Would you make this move??

Re: OP39+ Cash for a DJ41

Sure, why not? Sell if you no longer like your OP39.

For a Datejust, definitely go for the fluted bezel and Jubilee bracelet. I wouldn't have it any other way. Will you be going down the grey market route to look for the DJ41? It will be impossible to get one from an AD at this point in time since the Rolex factory has ceased production due to the covid-19 lockdowns.

If you're looking at grey market dealers, you could always negotiate a trade with them and cash on top of it. Check out some of the forum sponsors.
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mito144 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am considering selling my OP39 and adding cash for a brand new Datejust 41. Specifically a fluted bezel with a jubilee bracelet. I like my OP, however I kind of fell out of love with it. I have had the watch for over a year but cannot stop thinking about the Datejust 41. What do you all think? Would you make this move??
    Buyers market right now so do some negotiating!
    Londonboy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OP39+ Cash for a DJ41

Yep I would do this. No point hanging on to a watch you no longer enjoy as much. I love the new Datejust with jubilee and fluted bezel. It’s just perfect. Which dial colour is on your radar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by solesman; April 6th, 2020 at 14:04.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesurreywatchguy/

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial, Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall", Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Yes, I would phlipp for the Date-Just in a heartbeat....

I would have no problem whatsoever proceeding with such a trade. A SS DJ41 with Jubilee bracelet and 18K WG bezel looks best of all IMO. My preference is also a black stick dial.
    mattya56 likes this.

Hello Everyone!

Of course, I don't see any reason to hold back
    5959HH likes this.

I’m going to defend the opposing argument. So often in this hobby we convince ourselves that we want something other than what we have, only to regret what we had once it’s gone. I don’t know which OP39 you have. It’s a completely different watch from the DJ41 you’re contemplating: much more subtle, under the radar and GADA. I went through something similar with my white OP39, but then I just couldn’t pull the trigger on a trade because after looking at the watch over and over again I realized how beautiful it is, and how much I’d miss it.
    As Nobbylon points out it’s a buyer’s market. Maybe it’s worth waiting and then buying the DJ outright. The longer this lasts, the better a deal you’ll be able to score. Good luck with your decision.
    Rakumi likes this.

Hello Everyone!

Yes, why not? And you may also choose from more colours.
    What colour is your OP?

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I would have no problem whatsoever proceeding with such a trade. A SS DJ41 with Jubilee bracelet and 18K WG bezel looks best of all IMO. My preference is also a black stick dial.
    Funny you say this because I’m going to trade one of my smooth-bezel 41’s for a fluted version.
    Reference 126334
    Still haven’t ruled out the 126333 with Fluted-Jubilee and silver dial as well.
    5959HH likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information