Opinions on Omega - Page 1051
Like Tree83624Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Prior gen
    Cool.

Glossy modern dial w/hour surrounds ($6K) or matte dial w/matte hour markers ($12K and way up)?
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by Sappie66 View Post
    Her name is Butterface.
    Wow, this is a really tough crowd! I didn't think she was that bad looking.

P.S.-Her name is in the tiny print at the top of the photo.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Interesting news:

News

Baselworld is losing its most important exhibitor, according to today’s issue of Swiss newspaper, Neue Zürcher Zeitung am Sonntag (NZZ). This not only means that the 2019 show will have to do without brands like Breguet, Blancpain, Harry Winston, Jaquet Droz, Omega, Glashütte Original, Longines, Rado, Tissot, Mido, Certina, Hamilton, Balmain or Calvin Klein, it also means the loss of the group’s annual 50 million Swiss franc exhibition budget. Swatch Group’s decision could even jeopardize the future of the fair’s operating company, MCH Group (which is owned by the cantons of Basel-City, Basel-Country, and Zurich).

In the interview, Swatch Group’s CEO Nick Hayek criticized the show’s management over its unwillingness to accept feedback or direction from the exhibiting brands after having been presented with a finalized concept on July 8: “Unfortunately, we were, once again, presented with a fait accompli”. Hayek also told the newspaper that “today, everything has become more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”, and that therefore, “traditional watch shows are no longer useful for Swatch”.

The 101st edition of the Basel-based fair took place in March 2018 with a stable attendance, but with 650 exhibitors – half the number that participated in 2017.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    Interesting news:

News

Baselworld is losing its most important exhibitor, according to today’s issue of Swiss newspaper, Neue Zürcher Zeitung am Sonntag (NZZ). This not only means that the 2019 show will have to do without brands like Breguet, Blancpain, Harry Winston, Jaquet Droz, Omega, Glashütte Original, Longines, Rado, Tissot, Mido, Certina, Hamilton, Balmain or Calvin Klein, it also means the loss of the group’s annual 50 million Swiss franc exhibition budget. Swatch Group’s decision could even jeopardize the future of the fair’s operating company, MCH Group (which is owned by the cantons of Basel-City, Basel-Country, and Zurich).

In the interview, Swatch Group’s CEO Nick Hayek criticized the show’s management over its unwillingness to accept feedback or direction from the exhibiting brands after having been presented with a finalized concept on July 8: “Unfortunately, we were, once again, presented with a fait accompli”. Hayek also told the newspaper that “today, everything has become more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”, and that therefore, “traditional watch shows are no longer useful for Swatch”.

The 101st edition of the Basel-based fair took place in March 2018 with a stable attendance, but with 650 exhibitors – half the number that participated in 2017.
    This is the final straw. If Balmain and Calvin Klein are out then what’s the point in even going

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Cool.

Glossy modern dial w/hour surrounds ($6K) or matte dial w/matte hour markers ($12K and way up)?
    I am attracted to my uncle’s 5513 for sure and IF I can persuade him to sell it then I will jump on it like a toyger. But I am not sure it will happen soon.......

Now I do find the markers w surround perfectly ok. I would however try to stay w Tritium BUT again long term that might be a bad move??? it is more fragile and can fall apart on hands, markers and then what ...the infamous do I get them relumed question pops up ...

Found a 14060 in great shape locally for 6400 prob can get it tad lower

Sappie66 and rjohnson56 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    This is the final straw. If Balmain and Calvin Klein are out then what’s the point in even going
    We don't discuss straws here. This is the final biodegradable straw I guess would be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by kamonjj View Post
    That made me consider getting my first gshock as a beater. Might not be a bad move .....
    That made me consider suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    We don't discuss straws here. This is the final biodegradable straw I guess would be OK.
    Plastic straws are the #1 piece of paraphernalia used by teenage manatees to do coke since they don’t have dollar bills (hard to roll a wet and soggy dollar into a good coke delivery device). Using biodegradable straws inhibits their drug use and in turn puts thousands of Columbian workers out of jobs. It also lowers the amount of manatees getting laid since free coke is a great way to attract chicks, and in turn lowers the manatee population (which is already endangered).

As you can see, this is quite a conundrum, but I feel the extra pollution is worth it to help these majestic creatures procreate and survive (I’m talking primarily about the Colombians here).

Plastic straws are the #1 piece of paraphernalia used by teenage manatees to do coke since they don’t have dollar bills (hard to roll a wet and soggy dollar into a good coke delivery device). Using biodegradable straws inhibits their drug use and in turn puts thousands of Columbian workers out of jobs. It also lowers the amount of manatees getting laid since free coke is a great way to attract chicks, and in turn lowers the manatee population (which is already endangered).

As you can see, this is quite a conundrum, but I feel the extra pollution is worth it to help these majestic creatures procreate and survive (I’m talking primarily about the Colombians here).
    THANK YOU!!! This made my day, LOL
    Toothbras likes this.

And manatees are just like camels: You wouldn't want to get an ugly one.
    Sappie66, rjohnson56 and 5959HH like this.

Thread Information