Opinions on Omega - Page 1051
Like Tree83624Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

  1. #10501
    Member sportura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,382

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Prior gen
    Cool.

    Glossy modern dial w/hour surrounds ($6K) or matte dial w/matte hour markers ($12K and way up)?
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

    Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

  2. #10502
    Member iinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southwest FL
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Sappie66 View Post
    Her name is Butterface.
    Wow, this is a really tough crowd! I didn't think she was that bad looking.

    P.S.-Her name is in the tiny print at the top of the photo.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

  3. #10503
    Member iinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southwest FL
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Interesting news:

    News

    Baselworld is losing its most important exhibitor, according to today’s issue of Swiss newspaper, Neue Zürcher Zeitung am Sonntag (NZZ). This not only means that the 2019 show will have to do without brands like Breguet, Blancpain, Harry Winston, Jaquet Droz, Omega, Glashütte Original, Longines, Rado, Tissot, Mido, Certina, Hamilton, Balmain or Calvin Klein, it also means the loss of the group’s annual 50 million Swiss franc exhibition budget. Swatch Group’s decision could even jeopardize the future of the fair’s operating company, MCH Group (which is owned by the cantons of Basel-City, Basel-Country, and Zurich).

    In the interview, Swatch Group’s CEO Nick Hayek criticized the show’s management over its unwillingness to accept feedback or direction from the exhibiting brands after having been presented with a finalized concept on July 8: “Unfortunately, we were, once again, presented with a fait accompli”. Hayek also told the newspaper that “today, everything has become more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”, and that therefore, “traditional watch shows are no longer useful for Swatch”.

    The 101st edition of the Basel-based fair took place in March 2018 with a stable attendance, but with 650 exhibitors – half the number that participated in 2017.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #10504
    Member Toothbras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Posts
    24,106

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    Interesting news:

    News

    Baselworld is losing its most important exhibitor, according to today’s issue of Swiss newspaper, Neue Zürcher Zeitung am Sonntag (NZZ). This not only means that the 2019 show will have to do without brands like Breguet, Blancpain, Harry Winston, Jaquet Droz, Omega, Glashütte Original, Longines, Rado, Tissot, Mido, Certina, Hamilton, Balmain or Calvin Klein, it also means the loss of the group’s annual 50 million Swiss franc exhibition budget. Swatch Group’s decision could even jeopardize the future of the fair’s operating company, MCH Group (which is owned by the cantons of Basel-City, Basel-Country, and Zurich).

    In the interview, Swatch Group’s CEO Nick Hayek criticized the show’s management over its unwillingness to accept feedback or direction from the exhibiting brands after having been presented with a finalized concept on July 8: “Unfortunately, we were, once again, presented with a fait accompli”. Hayek also told the newspaper that “today, everything has become more transparent, faster-paced and more spontaneous”, and that therefore, “traditional watch shows are no longer useful for Swatch”.

    The 101st edition of the Basel-based fair took place in March 2018 with a stable attendance, but with 650 exhibitors – half the number that participated in 2017.
    This is the final straw. If Balmain and Calvin Klein are out then what’s the point in even going

  6. #10505
    Member jmanlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    8,648

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Cool.

    Glossy modern dial w/hour surrounds ($6K) or matte dial w/matte hour markers ($12K and way up)?
    I am attracted to my uncle’s 5513 for sure and IF I can persuade him to sell it then I will jump on it like a toyger. But I am not sure it will happen soon.......

    Now I do find the markers w surround perfectly ok. I would however try to stay w Tritium BUT again long term that might be a bad move??? it is more fragile and can fall apart on hands, markers and then what ...the infamous do I get them relumed question pops up ...

    Found a 14060 in great shape locally for 6400 prob can get it tad lower

    Sappie66 and rjohnson56 like this.

  7. #10506
    Member Betterthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bucklesberry
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    This is the final straw. If Balmain and Calvin Klein are out then what’s the point in even going
    We don't discuss straws here. This is the final biodegradable straw I guess would be OK.

  8. #10507
    Member transporter305's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by kamonjj View Post
    That made me consider getting my first gshock as a beater. Might not be a bad move .....
    That made me consider suicide...

  9. #10508
    Member Toothbras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Posts
    24,106

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    We don't discuss straws here. This is the final biodegradable straw I guess would be OK.
    Plastic straws are the #1 piece of paraphernalia used by teenage manatees to do coke since they don’t have dollar bills (hard to roll a wet and soggy dollar into a good coke delivery device). Using biodegradable straws inhibits their drug use and in turn puts thousands of Columbian workers out of jobs. It also lowers the amount of manatees getting laid since free coke is a great way to attract chicks, and in turn lowers the manatee population (which is already endangered).

    As you can see, this is quite a conundrum, but I feel the extra pollution is worth it to help these majestic creatures procreate and survive (I’m talking primarily about the Colombians here).

  10. #10509
    Member transporter305's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Plastic straws are the #1 piece of paraphernalia used by teenage manatees to do coke since they don’t have dollar bills (hard to roll a wet and soggy dollar into a good coke delivery device). Using biodegradable straws inhibits their drug use and in turn puts thousands of Columbian workers out of jobs. It also lowers the amount of manatees getting laid since free coke is a great way to attract chicks, and in turn lowers the manatee population (which is already endangered).

    As you can see, this is quite a conundrum, but I feel the extra pollution is worth it to help these majestic creatures procreate and survive (I’m talking primarily about the Colombians here).
    THANK YOU!!! This made my day, LOL
    Toothbras likes this.

  11. #10510
    Member iinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southwest FL
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Plastic straws are the #1 piece of paraphernalia used by teenage manatees to do coke since they don’t have dollar bills (hard to roll a wet and soggy dollar into a good coke delivery device). Using biodegradable straws inhibits their drug use and in turn puts thousands of Columbian workers out of jobs. It also lowers the amount of manatees getting laid since free coke is a great way to attract chicks, and in turn lowers the manatee population (which is already endangered).

    As you can see, this is quite a conundrum, but I feel the extra pollution is worth it to help these majestic creatures procreate and survive (I’m talking primarily about the Colombians here).
    And manatees are just like camels: You wouldn't want to get an ugly one.
    Sappie66, rjohnson56 and 5959HH like this.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 8 guests)

  1. Panerol Forte,
  2. sportura,
  3. Gunnar_917,
  4. harry_flashman,
  5. ithardin

Similar Threads

  1. First Omega, Opinions?
    By j.a.p in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 14th, 2019, 01:18
  2. Opinions please on my first Omega
    By samanderson in forum Omega
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 18th, 2011, 19:18
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 25th, 2011, 15:45
  4. Opinions on my first Omega?
    By F07A in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 25th, 2007, 22:41
  5. Omega opinions
    By Guido Muldoon in forum Dive watches
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 4th, 2007, 05:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •