WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on Omega

5M views 158K replies 697 participants last post by  mui.richard 
#1 ·
Owners of rolex,

What is your general opinion on omega watches and their owners?

I think it is safe to assume that the majority of people in this forum are watch connoisseurs with knowledge regarding brands that extend past rolex's. And I also don't think that I am the only one whose eyes naturally tend to focus in on people's wrists in order to see what kind of watch they are wearing when I am out in a public settings.

So for those of you who are rolex owners I wanted to know what are your opinions/ first impressions on omega watches and the people who own them. It would be even better if you gave your opinion on certain models : Seamasters, Speedmasters, Planet Oceans etc.

cheers

#21,081 ·
Interesting looking reissue.

Been going back and forth between the new (European) Seiko and a Victorinox I.N.O.X as a beater to take to China early next year. Veering towards the I.N.O.X.

View attachment 13676245

But not an easy decision, because I could buy the Seiko today and flip it for a 300 USD profit. But then I'd have to hassle with buyers.

View attachment 13676247
The inox looks well built, read an article about the testing they did for it, was impressive, its not a bad looking watch BUT, what it lacks for mine is charm, the turtles oozing in charm, it wears very well on the wrist too.
The turtles timeless, the victorinox meh.

#21,085 · (Edited)
The SNZH mod and the Vostok.
Fair enough, at least youve experienced some modding and a Russian piece, its all fun and experience, especially at the price range.

If people just jump straight into Rolex in their journey they miss a lot and know a whole lot less about watches.

Ive noticed that on TRF, good bunch of guys, not having a go at anybody personally but ive noticed their general knowledge about horology in general and other brands, often only extends as far as Rolex, its very limited for a big proportion of members there.
Not saying there arnt some very knowledgable guys there but its the awareness about other brands and watches in general is very low from a large proportion.

Where as on here the knowledge from many guys about the whole hobby is staggering, i think that comes from having a very diverse forum that covers so many different areas.

#21,086 ·
The inox looks well built, read an article about the testing they did for it, was impressive, its not a bad looking watch BUT, what it lacks for mine is charm, the turtles oozing in charm, it wears very well on the wrist too.
The turtles timeless, the victorinox meh.
I agree the Seiko is tempting and would work great as a summer watch. I prefer wearing black-dialled watches most of the time, so not sure how much wrist time this particular Seiko would get.

#21,090 ·
I agree the Seiko is tempting and would work great as a summer watch. I prefer wearing black-dialled watches most of the time, so not sure how much wrist time this particular Seiko would get.
Surely youd rock the turtle more than the inox?

Inox looks a bit too modern for mine, modern looks can fade fast.

Youll probably make enough profit if you ever flip the turtle to buy the inox :)

#21,096 ·
#21,097 ·
I bought the Ninja in January but we haven't bonded that well, probably because of the faux lume.

Just caved in and ordered the SRPD01K1. Most sites are listing it at just under 1000 USD and I managed to get it for 570. It's a limited edition and I can always pick up the INOX later.
Very smart move and thats a great price.

Im not really into black divers, these turtle reissues look better in the stainless imo, especially with the bracelet which apart from the collar system is a very good bracelet for the price range imo.

Congrats, hope you like it, looks brilliant.

#21,098 ·
Very smart move and thats a great price.

Im not really into black divers, these turtle reissues look better in the stainless imo, especially with the bracelet which apart from the collar system is a very good bracelet for the price range imo.

Congrats, hope you like it, looks brilliant.
I also think that the SS divers look the best. From the side they remind me a lot of the Explorer.

#21,100 ·
I bought the Ninja in January but we haven't bonded that well, probably because of the faux lume.

Just caved in and ordered the SRPD01K1. Most sites are listing it at just under 1000 USD and I managed to get it for 570. It's a limited edition and I can always pick up the INOX later.
If you find that you don't bond with the SRPD01K1, send me a PM. [emoji1] seriously. [emoji41]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.