Opinions on Omega - Page 11
Like Tree75763Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 11 of 7131 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

I own a PO and a SDC,
    both were fairly close in term of quality
    but somehow, omega keep chunk out those limited edition has made the brand no longer limited in my point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Thadmach View Post
    I think he's trying to be funny, right? Cuz I am laughing. Nobody is this douchey. It's a joke people (I think, I hope, I'm actually not sure)

If you have an issue with elitism, I suggest you shouldn't be wearing a Rolex or posting in a Rolex forum. You can't un-do 50 years of Rolex marketing to a specific type of customer segment just because you think your view of the brand is more wholesome.

In case you're wondering:

bou·le·var·dier
    ˌbo͝oləvärˈdir,ˌbo͝oləvärˈdyā/ noun

a wealthy, fashionable socialite.

Your issue is with Rolex, not its owners.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; July 18th, 2017 at 17:22. Reason: inappropriate comment

Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Oh, I think you've done a fine job of creating a perception. I'm not sure it's the one you intended, but it's definitely on you.
    To this argument: Rolex did craft a perception. Without buying into the marketing hype: the value and the product speaks for itself. Simple, elegant, dependable; a product as close to perfection as we might be able to physically attain in a mass-produced machine.

Not only that, but the professionals that consistently break new-ground in any field typically wear one of these items and DID until the influx of fancy gizmo wrist computers. Not only was it not an accident, and in some cases, very deliberate - but the choice to choose that item sometimes was just that, a choice.

Is there a perception? Damn straight. And honestly, I'm thankful for that. Also, thankfully, it carries on to everyday life. It's one of those nuggets to think about when the mind wanders.

I try to embody and carry some of that with me throughout my professional achievements. Whether I'm just doing another routine training flight or about to embark on something grander, my fellow professionals (and don't kid yourself, there are quite a few) know something about me when they see a 16710 on my wrist. Typically, the ones who matter know exactly what that heritage is and why it's important in my field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sportura likes this.
    [SIGPIC]
    "Scouts out!"
    Rolex 5513 Submariner (1983-84 Serial)
    Rolex 114060 Submariner
    Rolex 16710 ‘Pepsi’ GMT
    Ω Omega Speedmaster
    Ω Omega "Bond" SMP 2221.80
    1948 Bulova Excellency
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Military
    Chase Durer Pilot Commander X

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
    There's plenty of models to love on both sides. I own two Rolex and one Omega and logically have a reasonably good opinion about myself and other Omega owners . My next watch might be an Omega Speedmaster Racing (BW2017) or perhaps a '57.
    Yeah, I've been an Omega owner a long time longer than I've been a Rolex owner and everyone in my family has an Omega now, all from different lines (Speedmaster for me, Seamaster PO for my brother, Constellation for my mother). They are fantastic watches. Rolex beats them in some areas, Omega beats Rolex in some areas. The "rivalry" and attitude is nonsense.

I prefer the '57 to the Racing, but that's just me.
    MOV likes this.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, I've been an Omega owner a long time longer than I've been a Rolex owner and everyone in my family has an Omega now, all from different lines (Speedmaster for me, Seamaster PO for my brother, Constellation for my mother). They are fantastic watches. Rolex beats them in some areas, Omega beats Rolex in some areas. The "rivalry" and attitude is nonsense.

I prefer the '57 to the Racing, but that's just me.
    Yeah, I really like that Speedy '57 but also very curious about the latest Racing models in particular these two which apparently Omega managed to make thinner. Will need to try these on.
    highbob likes this.
    enjoy the ride

My Sports Analogy:

Rolex: Hall of Famer, on a max contract, consistent and rarely stumbles, bit of a condescending ..... but no doubt a once in a life-time talent

Omega: Hall of Famer, on his day is arguably the best but has consistency issues, always in the shadow of the watch above, very cool with a hint of insecurity

I'll flatter Rolex and say this. Almost all of my problems with Rolex has nothing to do with the watches itself. Almost all of the my problems with Omega HAS to do with the watches itself. I could elaborate but I will not because I'm going to try to be respectful.
    highbob likes this.
    James Bond walks into a watch store...

Collection:
    Rolex Submariner "No-Date" 114060
    Rolex GMT Master II "Pepsi" 16710
    G-Shock DW5600E-1V

Gone:
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.005
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2500 2200.50.00
    Orient Ray Raven II FAA02003B9

RDK

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Killer View Post

And whilst we are there Rolex tend to be dated with their designs. Rolex rarely have a watch that is larger than 41mm despite the overall trend towards larger watches. I think it's because Rolex are risk averse and do not want to alienate the crowd that prefers or fits with smaller watches.
    Rolex don't follow trends. They leave that to Omega (amongst others).

Despite not following trends, Rolex still sell most watches of all Swiss brands.
    800.000 people can't be wrong every year. Can they..?

Last edited by RDK; July 8th, 2017 at 22:17.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue 79220B
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00

They have good/nice watches, not all but that's also true for Rolex imo, and the people who purchase 'em obviously confirm that. This one didn't disappoint and I'm patiently waiting for one of the non LE Railmasters to show up toward year end . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raza, dr3ws, Seaswirl and 1 others like this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Grand Seiko * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
    Yeah, I really like that Speedy '57 but also very curious about the latest Racing models in particular these two which apparently Omega managed to make thinner. Will need to try these on.
    Ooh...I haven't seen those Racing models before. I still prefer the '57 (or better yet, the Professional, though I do not like that current models actually say "Moonwatch" on the back), but those are interesting.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by RDK View Post
    Rolex don't follow trends. They leave that to Omega (amongst others).

Despite not following trends, Rolex still sell most watches of all Swiss brands.
    800.000 people can't be wrong every year. Can they..?

Rolex had 40mm watches when 40mm was still considered big. Now they sell several models that are over 40mm--Yachty 2, Explorer II, Skydweller, DeepSea, Seadweller, Datejust. It's a good thing and I'm glad that they still sell smaller watches for the guys and gals who don't want to wear watches 40mm and above, but let's not pretend that they aren't catering to the market for bigger watches.

Page 11 of 7131 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast

Thread Information