WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on Omega

5M views 158K replies 697 participants last post by  mui.richard 
#1 ·
Owners of rolex,

What is your general opinion on omega watches and their owners?

I think it is safe to assume that the majority of people in this forum are watch connoisseurs with knowledge regarding brands that extend past rolex's. And I also don't think that I am the only one whose eyes naturally tend to focus in on people's wrists in order to see what kind of watch they are wearing when I am out in a public settings.

So for those of you who are rolex owners I wanted to know what are your opinions/ first impressions on omega watches and the people who own them. It would be even better if you gave your opinion on certain models : Seamasters, Speedmasters, Planet Oceans etc.

cheers

#157,884 ·
You need to remove post.. I was serious about not asking just noting. Reason is obvious. It's violation of pp agreement.
How is it against PayPal agreement? It's not like I'm selling on eBay or Chrono24? You mean a person to person transaction is bound by PayPal like a business transaction?

If that's the case, what's the propose of having PayPal "friends and family"?

#157,885 ·
#157,886 ·
How is it against PayPal agreement? It's not like I'm selling on eBay or Chrono24? You mean a person to person transaction is bound by PayPal like a business transaction?

I use PayPal when sending money to my nephews. Maybe there's a lesser fee if the transaction is between friends and family?

#157,889 ·
I use PayPal when sending money to my nephews. Maybe there's a lesser fee if the transaction is between friends and family?
Honestly I have no idea. Personally it doesn't make any difference to me as I always set the asking price as "net to me". So if there's any saving at all the savings will go to the buyer.

Sold the CW 5-day Chronometer last week. Same thing. And because of the COVID-19 lockdown the usual postal courier service from HK to the UK wasn't available. I ended up sending by FedEx which cost me almost $100 to ship. Didn't ask the seller to chip in as I agreed to pay postage.

I always take care of my buyers in the rare occasion that I do sell a watch. [emoji3526]

#157,890 ·

I think it's because with friends and family, the buyer doesn't have buyer protection and the transaction can't be reversed. Of course, on rare occasions, buyers can use this to scam sellers by disputing good, completed transactions claiming a variety of things that never happened. PayPal almost always sides with the buyer in any disputes.

You can always ask the potential buyer to pay via F&F on PM.

Anyways, the mods seem to be very strict in the for sale forum. I got an infraction once because I accidentally removed the price after the sale.

#157,891 ·
Well Mrs BT has been complaining because her natural color is now gray. I told how hot it was but yesterday gave up and admitted good she had appointment this Thursday.
Mrs. BW went gray about ten years ago, but I only have gray in my beard, so she planned on coloring until I changed. Her hair hasn't been this long for ages. She'll be ponytail-ready by next month.

#157,892 ·

Yes the PP agreement says not to be used for selling to others otherwise you are cutting them out of their 3% fee. Friends and family is just what it says and allows a way to send money to them with no fee.
Ever read those annual agreements?

#157,894 ·
I think it's because with friends and family, the buyer doesn't have buyer protection and the transaction can't be reversed. Of course, on rare occasions, buyers can use this to scam sellers by disputing good, completed transactions claiming a variety of things that never happened. PayPal almost always sides with the buyer in any disputes.

You can always ask the potential buyer to pay via F&F on PM.

Anyways, the mods seem to be very strict in the for sale forum. I got an infraction once because I accidentally removed the price after the sale.
Actually I can understand why mods are super strict when it comes to the sales forum, if anything goes south it can turn real ugly real quick for WUS. So I don't mind getting the infraction at all, I broke a rule so I'm responsible. Besides it's kind of cool, now I have more battle scars [emoji16]

The buyer protection you mentioned is my main reason for avoiding PayPal...they ALWAYS side with the buyer regardless and it's a pita to put up any dispute at all. I sold a few old lenses on eBay and one of them claimed that the item never arrived. Good thing is I always use tracked courier service even when the buyer doesn't want to pay the extra postage, I was able to win that one case as I have evidence to prove the package was delivered...this was a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.