Opinions on Omega - Page 151
Like Tree83422Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 151 of 7758 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 201 251 651 1151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 77579
  1. #1501
    Member vincenzowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    790

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Well, we are all WIS without the S. Some more than others

  2. #1502
    Member sportura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,363

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzowl View Post

    Galaga, I think if you can swing it, you should definitely try a Rolex at one point. Disregard all the biases you or people may have about the brand. At the end of the day, you will have nothing but one of the finest watches in the world.
    Too late.

    If he gets a Rolex now he's the biggest hypocrite in Australia, no way he can support a brand that is diametrically opposed to his beliefs. "I'm all about quality, I'm not a snob, I don't care what others think about me, I'm such a pious person..." Up on that soapbox there is no room for the world's #1 luxury brand and biggest status symbol. One needs to embrace the stereotype, not run away from it. No matter what a Rolex owner says or does, we are unfairly judged, might as well give 'em what they want. If you're not strong enough to stomach it, go buy an Omega, that's what they're there for.

    And if you think about it from a blue collar perspective, is there anything more conceited than wearing a $10,000 wristwatch and acting like it's nothing, like it doesn't matter? To the layman that's six months rent on your wrist, that's two family vacations he can't provide as a shiny trinket and The Pious Men Of Rolex act like it doesn't matter? Infuriates the less fortunate more than if they just handed them their glass of champagne and whipped out the receipt and a polishing cloth.
    BarracksSi and Pharm_D like this.

  3. #1503
    Member vincenzowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    790

    Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Too late.

    Up on that soapbox there is no room for the world's #1 luxury brand and biggest status symbol. One needs to embrace the stereotype, not run away from it. No matter what a Rolex owner says or does, we are unfairly judged, might as well give 'em what they want. If you're not strong enough to stomach it, go buy an Omega, that's what they're there for.
    Iím not going to disagree with you about how some people who canít afford a Rolex looking down on it and having an opinion. Thatís another subject.

    However, you make a fool of yourself when you spew things like this. You donít speak for me or other Rolex owners. This attitude is petty and high-handed. Iím not sure why you spend so much energy thinking and caring about what others may be thinking. Iím fortunate enough that I can buy multiple Rolexes if I want, but if I didnít, I would be happy with less expensive brands. Omega and Tudor for example, have the most bang for buck in their price range compared to Rolex. Iíve owned all of the above and I like all the watches equally. Only people like you would judge others on what they wear, and that says a lot about the type of person you are.

    The only ďunfairĒ thing about owning a Rolex is that itís a highly priced luxury item that many do not have the privilege to own. You canít expect being treated as equal with the rest of the demographic with a $5000+ watch on your wrist. This does not give you permission to lash out and deem Omega and Tudor as something that only people buy who canít afford Rolex. This is ridiculous and you just sound uneducated and not deserving to be a ďwatch enthusiast.Ē
    Shropshire_Tom likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #1504
    Member sportura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,363

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzowl View Post

    However, you make a fool of yourself when you spew things like this. You don’t speak for me or other Rolex owners. This attitude is petty and high-handed. I’m not sure why you spend so much energy thinking and caring about what others may be thinking. I’m fortunate enough that I can buy multiple Rolexes if I want, but if I didn’t, I would be happy with less expensive brands. Omega and Tudor for example, have the most bang for buck in their price range compared to Rolex. I’ve owned all of the above and I like all the watches equally. Only people like you would judge others on what they wear, and that says a lot about the type of person you are.

    This does not give you permission to lash out and deem Omega and Tudor as something that only people buy who can’t afford Rolex. This is ridiculous and you just sound uneducated and not deserving to be a “watch enthusiast.”
    Saying that public perception of Rolex is as a luxury brand and a status symbol = bad.

    Telling another poster that he is petty, high-handed, unfortunate, uneducated, and undeserving = good.

    Ever hear of the word "hypocrite"?
    Sappie66 and Pharm_D like this.

  6. #1505
    Member vincenzowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    790

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Saying that public perception of Rolex is as a luxury brand and a status symbol = bad.

    Telling another poster that he is petty, high-handed, unfortunate, uneducated, and undeserving = good.

    Ever hear of the word "hypocrite"?
    You need to develop better critical reading skills. I also am not sure you understand the definition of ďhypocrite.Ē

    I never said anything about Rolex being a luxury brand and status symbol and how this is bad. What I said is bad is your attitude about 1) owning Rolex and 2) opinions about any other brand.
    Shropshire_Tom likes this.

  7. #1506
    Member Sappie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Wow, the guy I disagree with (Sporty) shows far more class than the guy I agree with (vinnie z).
    mfunnell and sportura like this.

  8. #1507
    Member Galaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,692

    Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Too late.

    If he gets a Rolex now he's the biggest hypocrite in Australia, no way he can support a brand that is diametrically opposed to his beliefs. "I'm all about quality, I'm not a snob, I don't care what others think about me, I'm such a pious person..." Up on that soapbox there is no room for the world's #1 luxury brand and biggest status symbol. One needs to embrace the stereotype, not run away from it. No matter what a Rolex owner says or does, we are unfairly judged, might as well give 'em what they want. If you're not strong enough to stomach it, go buy an Omega, that's what they're there for.

    And if you think about it from a blue collar perspective, is there anything more conceited than wearing a $10,000 wristwatch and acting like it's nothing, like it doesn't matter? To the layman that's six months rent on your wrist, that's two family vacations he can't provide as a shiny trinket and The Pious Men Of Rolex act like it doesn't matter? Infuriates the less fortunate more than if they just handed them their glass of champagne and whipped out the receipt and a polishing cloth.
    To a certain extent everyone cares what other people think but it doesnít define me nor does it try and shield inadequacies that you obviously have.

    Merry Christmas.

    Letís see if in the new year you can try and be less shallow and not come across as a condescending wannabe. I canít see it though but am open to surprises.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Galaga; December 25th, 2017 at 00:23.

  9. #1508
    Member Sappie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Merry Christmas all, or as they say here down under, Happy Christmas mates!
    Rosco53, Cobia and mfunnell like this.

  10. #1509
    Member Sappie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,064

    Re: Opinions on Omega



    Sorrento diver, Melbourne Watch Company.

    Not a Rolex, not an Omega, but very nice for the price and a much better souvenir than a stuffed kanga!
    Rosco53 and mfunnell like this.

  11. #1510
    Member Sappie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,064

    Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    To a certain extent everyone cares what other people think but it doesnít define me nor does it try and shield inadequacies that you obviously have.

    Merry Christmas.

    Letís see if in the new year you can try and be less shallow and not come across as a condescending wannabe. I canít see it though but am open to surprises.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I care what people think of me too. I care in that I want people to consider me a decent and thoughtful man who lives his life with honesty and integrity, a good father and husband, blah blah blah.

    And Sporty, having a nicer watch than others in the boardroom matters not. I usually do have the best watch in the room, but only because I am into watches. If someone happens to have a nicer watch, great. Does it intimidate me at all? No. You?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 4 guests)

  1. rjohnson56,
  2. Panerol Forte,
  3. Snaggletooth,
  4. transporter305,
  5. sportura

Similar Threads

  1. First Omega, Opinions?
    By j.a.p in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 14th, 2019, 01:18
  2. Opinions please on my first Omega
    By samanderson in forum Omega
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 18th, 2011, 19:18
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 25th, 2011, 15:45
  4. Opinions on my first Omega?
    By F07A in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 25th, 2007, 22:41
  5. Omega opinions
    By Guido Muldoon in forum Dive watches
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 4th, 2007, 05:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts