Opinions on Omega - Page 2
Like Tree75952Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 2 of 6943 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

I would think they possibly are into watches, which is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Meetz1444 View Post
    Owners of rolex,

What is your general opinion on omega watches and their owners?

I think it is safe to assume that the majority of people in this forum are watch connoisseurs with knowledge regarding brands that extend past rolex’s. And I also don't think that I am the only one whose eyes naturally tend to focus in on people's wrists in order to see what kind of watch they are wearing when I am out in a public settings.

So for those of you who are rolex owners I wanted to know what are your opinions/ first impressions on omega watches and the people who own them. It would be even better if you gave your opinion on certain models : Seamasters, Speedmasters, Planet Oceans etc.

cheers

I'll give the OP what he/she came here for: I think omegas are dumb and whoever has one are morons.

Obviously joking! I think there're great! Brand heritage isn't as cool as Rolex I think. But I'd still have my speedy if I didn't sell it for my amazing subby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7Pines likes this.

Omega makes fine and reliable luxury watches. I have 2 decently popular Rolexes and 1 Omega PO in Titanium. Some people may argue that Omega has diluted a particular product line by making way too many iterations but that's a phenomenon with Rolex, Audemars Piguet etc.

It is no secret that Rolex presents a better value proposition in the secondary market but that's about it. Now let's talk about service. Rolex Service Centers universally provide a similar high quality of service. Omega service centers depending on the location can be a hit or miss.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega used to make some pretty nice watches. Their modern stuff doesn't interest me, though.

CSG

I have an old (1962ish) Constellation and a newer (2000ish) Speedmaster Pro (moon watch). Both are nice watches but I prefer my Rolex's more (16233, 16710 Pepsi, and 16610).

Omega makes great watches, some of which are on par with Rolex.
    Official Rotation

IWC Portuguese 3714-45 \ Rolex Explorer 214270
    \ Omega Speedmaster Professional \ Rolex Submariner 114060 \ Breitling Transocean Chronograph \ Seiko Prospex SBDC051 \ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST \ Rolex Datejust 41 126300 \ Oris Aquis Clipperton \ IWC Aquatimer \ Ball Engineer III Legend \ Sinn 104 \ Seiko SARX055 \ Squale GMT \ Archimede Pilot 39 \ Sinn 556

Follow me on Instagram: mtravis38

I did enjoy both the seamasters I owned. But I am uncomfortable sending watches out for service. And since RSC dallas is local I went with a Pelagos. But overall I liked the omegas. Not a rolex, but really nice. To me, its like the difference in a nice sporty lexus vs a ferrari. having driven both there is just something extra about the ferrari, kind of like the newer rolex's. the omega is really nice like the lexus, but is missing that certain something. IMO, the pelagos is a litle nicer then the new seamaster/PO as well, just a little. although i may need a speedmaster handwind moonwatch with saphire.
    Last edited by cab0154; June 28th, 2017 at 23:32.
    rhj likes this.

I see these types of threads a lot in the Omega forum, i.e., why do you like the PO more than the Sub. Disappointing to see that we have the reverse thread here, but to answer the question: Omegas are fine as are there owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Meetz1444 View Post
    Owners of rolex,

What is your general opinion on omega watches and their owners?

I think it is safe to assume that the majority of people in this forum are watch connoisseurs with knowledge regarding brands that extend past rolex’s. And I also don't think that I am the only one whose eyes naturally tend to focus in on people's wrists in order to see what kind of watch they are wearing when I am out in a public settings.

So for those of you who are rolex owners I wanted to know what are your opinions/ first impressions on omega watches and the people who own them. It would be even better if you gave your opinion on certain models : Seamasters, Speedmasters, Planet Oceans etc.

cheers

The Speedmaster Professional is a special watch, every Rolex owner should have a stock-standard Moonwatch in their collection.

Many vintage Omegas are special too.

Modern Omegas are pedestrian.
    hydrocarbon and 5959HH like this.

i have a 2000 smp chronometer midsize... its nice aside from the hands suffering from oxidation and pitting after ten years and the ar coating also. i thought it was a case water leaking into the watch but sc told me it was normal for smps to have that. had it serviced last year. sc ordered new hands and polished the inside of the crystal.. waited around 3 months.. watch is fine now. omega makes nice watches although not on the same level of rolex
    Current collection: Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate Black/ Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate White/Omega SMPc 300M 2019/Omega SMP Black MIDsize 300M /Omega Speedmaster professional moonwatch/Rolex Date 1500 /Rolex 116610LN /Rolex Datejust II 116300 black roman/ Rolex Explorer II polar 216570 /Rolex Explorer 1 214270 /Rolex GMT master 2 BLNR 116710/Tudor Pelagos LHD/Tudor black bay burgundy ETA/ TAG F1 Blue /Bucherer Chrono Blue/ Orient Blue MAKO /Invicta Abyss 2845 /Casio G-Shock G1250BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock G1200BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock GA-100 /Casio G-Shock G100bb-1A /Casio G-Shock G100cu-3A /Franchi Menotti square av chrono /Seiko SNZH51 /Seiko SBDC001 /Seiko SBDC005 /Seiko SARBO33 /Seiko SRPB01K1/ Seiko SKX013 /Seiko SRPC91k1 /Seiko SRPC95k1 /Seiko 6309 0740 '84 Incoming:

Page 2 of 6943 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Thread Information