Opinions on Omega - Page 41
Like Tree82892Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 41 of 7717 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 91 141 541 1041 ... LastLast

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    I have. You apparently don't realize that your elitist behavior is identical to the type of behavior that you protest against, preaching your observations and projecting your values on others as if only you are in the right.

Back to the topic at hand, you don't own a Rolex so what are you doing in this subforum having this discussion with people you cannot relate to? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.
    Hang on a sec I’m an elitist because I criticize your elitist behavior? That doesn’t make sense but anyway I respected you more when you were wearing your modded SKX with the orange hour hand. Now that's a watch.
    Last edited by Galaga; September 23rd, 2017 at 03:52.

Re: Opinions on Omega

Anyone can afford a Rolex FFS. Its $5-8K you are giving to the AD, not your firstborn to Satan.

What we are talking about here is value priority.

I personally value long term investments - property, antiques, education, and Rolex.

Other people out there value short term pleasure divestitures. That's their choice. But its not acceptable to blow your money on drugs and hookers then make comment about my watch.

And on Monday morning, when the dugs have worn off and you are back at the clinic with that nasty rash, I still have my Roex on my arm.

Its about Values.

And even schoolkids can buy a nice Omega on Ebay for a couple of hundred dollars, a beautiful in house movement mid 60s watch that I personally believe was comparable to Rolex of that time.

That $200 would buy you this years in fashion dress or jacket - which goes in the charity bin next year. This years top fashion is next years laughing stock. But that $200 Omega can be on your arm for life.

Edit: FWIW I went into a bar near my office on Friday night. I wanted to have an off the record chat with a colleague. The girl standing next to me (yes GIRL) paid nearly $100 for one round of drinks, which seemed to be shots dropped into some canned drink. When her kidney packs in (or her brain cells die off) I will still have a Rolex on my arm. All she will have is a hangover this morning.

Who is the idiot here? (actually me because when she is an unmarried mother with kidney problems and short term memory issues, its my taxes that will keep her in alcohol)
    Last edited by Rosco53; September 23rd, 2017 at 02:15.
    sportura and Sappie66 like this.
    • I currently own 6 Rolex watches, from a new Submariner Ceramic to a 1963 Oysterdate Precision.
    • I have continuously owned Rolex watches for over 37 years, starting with a GMT M in 1980.
    • I have owned 12 Omegas, from a 1939 30T2 to a Seamaster 200.
    • I own 2 Seiko Divers, owning one since 1979.

I post from actual experience.

Opinions on Omega

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm enjoying this thread, and I'm even enjoying it more the nastier it gets. Kind of like the guilty pleasure that some people must get from 'Real Housewives' or other reality TV (not a realty TV watcher, but now I kind of get it (-;).
    Last edited by run23; September 23rd, 2017 at 03:43.
    sportura and Sappie66 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by run23 View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say that I'm enjoying this thread, and I'm even enjoying it more the nastier it gets. Kind of like the guilt pleasure that some people must get from 'Real Housewives' or other reality TV (not a realty TV watcher, but now I kind of get it (-;).
    That's because as an owner, you know that Men Of Rolex feel a bit of pleasure in the frustration of those who can't afford one. We don't discuss this of course, as we are refined gentlemen, but we know it when we see it and share the same secret smirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Hang on a sec I’m an elitist because I criticize your elitist behavior? That doesn’t make sense but anyway I resoected you more when you were wearing your modded SKX with the orange hour hand. Now that's a watch.

I can't enjoy wearing the SKX007 any longer because of my newly acquired Spork.

Only one of the Men Of Rolex could drop $1,000 on a Seiko.

Opinions on Omega

I still may acquire a Rolex one day but palookas like Sporty give me second thoughts.

FYI Sporty, Palooka is a variation of wanker.
    Last edited by Galaga; September 23rd, 2017 at 07:58.

I have. You apparently don't realize that your elitist behavior is identical to the type of behavior that you protest against, preaching your observations and projecting your values on others as if only you are in the right.

Back to the topic at hand, you don't own a Rolex so what are you doing in this subforum having this discussion with people you cannot relate to? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.
    Hes got an omega, surely thats enough qualifications to be in a thread titled 'opinions on Omega'?

He might do what i do and navigate the forum through 'latest posts', when you do that you are just clicking on an interesting thread title, rarely do i look what forum its in, thats how i found this thread, only now have i realised im in the rolex forum.
    cheers
    Galaga likes this.

That's because as an owner, you know that Men Of Rolex feel a bit of pleasure in the frustration of those who can't afford one. We don't discuss this of course, as we are refined gentlemen, but we know it when we see it and share the same secret smirk.
    Name:  3ru9d.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  15.3 KB
    Seaswirl and David G. like this.

Good post, I understand your point, but understand that I am not in need of confirmation or reassurance from others.

What I'm saying is that the attention one gets from wearing a Rolex is so enjoyable that it makes wearing other brands unenjoyable. It's a bonus that comes only with the Rolex brand. It's like that extra buzz you get the first month you own a new car and everyone is checking it out, asking you questions, making you feel good. It's icing on the cake; it's not the whole cake. The cake tastes better with the icing, in my experience.

Let me also say that what I'm expressing here happening in the wild happens every day with extreme regularity on Instagram, Facebook, and this subforum. Go to Instagram and search on 'Rolex', you'll see thousands of posts of watches with luxury items like cars, boats, designer bags, it's endless. Those posts and our own WRUW threads are not meant to be educational, they're there to allow their posters to wrap themselves in the warm blanket of Rolex admiration.
    LOL Sporty why doesnt all this happen to me when i wear a Rolex?

Are you sure this isnt all just in your own mind and you are projecting this thought form onto others, and assuming everybody has the same thought process as you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Hes got an omega, surely thats enough qualifications to be in a thread titled 'opinions on Omega'?
    Thanks mate. We have a stereotyped blinkered Man of Rolex here. He didn’t realise that.
    Cobia likes this.

Thread Information