Opinions on Omega - Page 47
Like Tree83009Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 47 of 7727 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 547 1047 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbgbg View Post

Dude, I feel sorry for you. You lack attention in all other aspects of your life and seek it by buying easily recognizable watches.

Guys like you give Rolex a bad rep.
    Ah, and the Rolex owner who tells a fellow watch enthusiast that he "lacks attention in all other aspects of his life" makes the brand look favorable?

Tell me, what is this "bad rep" you fear? That Rolex represents luxury and is a symbol of status worn by wealthy, successful, and confident men? That millions of people are mistaken and the world's #1 luxury brand is actually intended to be subtle? That a status symbol deeply ingrained in culture as such in books, movies, television, music, videos, and print for more than 50 years has happened by mistake and that Rolex themselves haven't spent billions of dollars cultivating this very brand identity?

Rolex doesn't have a bad rep, it simply has a rep that doesn't reflect your principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Wow. Like another member said I respect your honesty. By the way any person who finds this offensive and has Sportura blocked or wants him banned needs to get a grip. At least it’s interesting and more entertaining than “does this watch make my wrist look small?” talk.
    Naah, the ignore list is there for a reason.

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Ah, and the Rolex owner who tells a fellow watch enthusiast that he "lacks attention in all other aspects of his life" makes the brand look favorable?

Tell me, what is this "bad rep" you fear? That Rolex represents luxury and is a symbol of status worn by wealthy, successful, and confident men? That millions of people are mistaken and the world's #1 luxury brand is actually intended to be subtle? That a status symbol deeply ingrained in culture as such in books, movies, television, music, videos, and print for more than 50 years has happened by mistake and that Rolex themselves haven't spent billions of dollars cultivating this very brand identity?

Rolex doesn't have a bad rep, it simply has a rep that doesn't reflect your principles.
    Will explain to you one last time and then will permanently forget about you (as entertaining as you are, there are other, way more pleasant things in my life than your self-centered posts)

"Ah, and the Rolex owner who tells a fellow watch enthusiast that he "lacks attention in all other aspects of his life" makes the brand look favorable?"
    --In my long years on this forum (and others) I have always being courteous, friendly and nice. Only when dealing with d-bags I show the side of me reserved for .....d-bags.

"Tell me, what is this "bad rep" you fear? "
    -- I fear nothing. You on the other hand obviously have a bunch of fears. The biggest one can be seen from a mile away. You fear one thing the most-- NOT BEING NOTICED
    That's the "bad rep" I am talking about. The world associates Rolex (and in your case rightfully so) with narcissistic, self-focused and pretentious little guys that cannot survive 5 minutes without jumping and screaming "look at me!, me! Me!"
    One last thing. Yes, this is a forum for luxury goods. Get it in your head boy- most of us here can afford these watches and are financially ok. But we do not scream "boardroom " in every one of our posts. Hell, I QUIT the #7 oil company in the world (according to Forbes) and have declined offers from a couple of bigger ones because I was tired of boardrooms filled with pretentious little boys like you.
    I have no idea who / what are you in real life, but based on my life experiences... if you have to tell people how successful you are, buy things primarily to get noticed, and look at your watch to remind yourself what you rewarded yourself with.... you are not successful in my book. Sorry to say it but you sound (IMHO) quite pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sntangerbgbg; September 27th, 2017 at 16:39.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

if you have to tell people how successful you are, buy things primarily to get noticed, and look at your watch to remind yourself what you rewarded yourself with.... you are not successful in my book. Sorry to say it but you sound (IMHO) quite pathetic.
    This is very true, I have even nice quote for this ;).

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't
    ~Margaret Thatcher
    Btreichel87 and Sappie66 like this.

I have no idea who / what are you in real life.
    Exactly right. Tell me how much money I donate to charities each year. Tell me how much of my time I invest helping the less fortunate each year. Tell me how faithful I am as a husband and how good to my wife I am. Tell me how many kids I have and how I well I have raised them. Tell me how my parents need care and how I am the one to tends to their needs.

The world associates Rolex (and in your case rightfully so) with narcissistic, self-focused and pretentious little guys that cannot survive 5 minutes without jumping and screaming "look at me!, me! Me!"
    Your post confirms three things:

1. You are everything you falsely accuse me of. You didn't need to type that post; you did so to get attention. 'Look at me, I'm such a good person and you're not.'

2. You have an incorrect understanding of Rolex as a brand and you wrongly associate Rolex owners with poor behavior when it is your own judgemental, preachy, elitist behavior that should be called into question.

3. You are uncomfortable with Rolex as a brand and what it represents and should be wearing something else.

If you're enjoying sportura's posts (and I am), you should check out @GSElevator on Twitter (Goldman Sachs Elevator).

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    My Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean is keeping time at +0.5 seconds.

It is an amazing timepiece.

Can your Rolex do that ?
    Yes, my Submariner does. That’s fresh out of the box, no adjustments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC]
    "Scouts out!"
    Rolex 5513 Submariner (1983-84 Serial)
    Rolex 114060 Submariner
    Rolex 16710 ‘Pepsi’ GMT
    Ω Omega Speedmaster
    Ω Omega "Bond" SMP 2221.80
    1948 Bulova Excellency
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Military
    Chase Durer Pilot Commander X

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Exactly right. Tell me how much money I donate to charities each year. Tell me how much of my time I invest helping the less fortunate each year. Tell me how faithful I am as a husband and how good to my wife I am. Tell me how many kids I have and how I well I have raised them. Tell me how my parents need care and how I am the one to tends to their needs.

Your post confirms three things:

1. You are everything you falsely accuse me of. You didn't need to type that post; you did so to get attention. 'Look at me, I'm such a good person and you're not.'

2. You have an incorrect understanding of Rolex as a brand and you wrongly associate Rolex owners with poor behavior when it is your own judgemental, preachy, elitist behavior that should be called into question.

3. You are uncomfortable with Rolex as a brand and what it represents and should be wearing something else.

Oh boy, where do I start....
    I cannot tell you "Tell me how much money I donate to charities each year. Tell me how much of my time I invest helping the less fortunate each year. Tell me how faithful I am as a husband and how good to my wife I am. Tell me how many kids I have and how I well I have raised them. Tell me how my parents need care and how I am the one to tends to their needs."
    This is FOR YOR PERSONAL FULFILLMENT "
    PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!
    I do not need, I do not have to, nor I can TELL how good are you on all of these.
    I will be frank with you- up until now I thought the interwebs were full with "mall ninjas".
    After encountering you I know boardroom Masters and "perfect society members" roam these territories too
    Dude!!!!!! Go pound sand. I do NOT CARE ABOUT YOU
    Behind this smoke screen (the interwebs) you can be Superman. Or the Hulk. Or Wonderwoman. Or an Elf. I. Do. Not. Care

On the points of your post.
    1. You are a d- bag. You cry for attention. Listen carefully---- you have a Daytona. Cool watch, no doubt. I know bus drivers in the SF Bay with DDs. Go pound sand boy. I can post pictures of me playing golf and hugging Anika Sorensen while wearing my GMTIIc. Do you know why I do NOT do it? Because I am not an insecure boy like you
    2. You call me "elitist "??? I might be- I carry myself with dignity- in the boardroom and on the deck of a ship. You are just a wannabe with self-image issues. Go stare at your Daytona boy.
    3. I have worn Rolex for a while (probably longer than you). Don't tell me what to wear. The last person that gave me legitimate orders was my company commander. More than 20 years ago. I do not know what your involvement is in the "boardroom ", but I cannot foresee you as being a decision maker.
    Go fly a kite and look at you Daytona.
    I'd rather teach my daughter chess.
    This. Is. The. Good. Life.

Last edited by sntangerbgbg; September 27th, 2017 at 22:46.

Opinions on Omega

Just for my buddy Sportura:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bluean...7636908997225/

Do I wear my GMTIIc like a "proper" successful guy, or you will pronounce me unfit?
    :)

Last edited by sntangerbgbg; September 27th, 2017 at 23:21.

Your turn- I can post pics of me at some really nice events boy.
    Want to go tit for tat and try to match me?
    Please show me some of your community service endeavors too-- because my next photo sequence will be from the Contra Costa SAR team.
    Let's talk about community service and giving.....little boy.

Thread Information