Opinions on Omega - Page 48
Like Tree82855Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 48 of 7714 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 548 1048 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

And the pissing contest continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    No man, I am done.
    Don't feed the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbgbg View Post
    No man, I am done.
    Don't feed the troll.

Whatever dude but you also reached some pretentious levels there. And it can happen to the best of us even on an anonymised forum like this.

Give it a few hours and you will edit some of your posts and reflect that it wasn't relevant or appropriate.

By the way I wish I was a boy again. Life was so much less complicated then.

All the best.

BarracksSi and Sappie66 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is like arguing about how thick a sandwich is.

I am late to the party, but I wanted to chime in. My thoughts on Omega and their owners are as follows. I think Omega is a cool brand and I like some of their designs with my favorite being the Aqua Terra. The issue to me is a lot of their owners (not all of them) that only own Omega or Omega is their highest end watch tend to be a bit shallow. I will explain what I mean. They go to threads about Tag Heuer and bash them and it seems Omega owners always talk about how much they like their Omega so much better. But when compared to Rolex, they talk on how Omega is just as good as Rolex. It just screams, "I want to be accepted on the higher end but hate on those below me." Most people who own both Rolex and Omega do not seem to be this way. This is just what I have seen on this forum site.

Whatever dude but you also reached some pretentious levels there. And it can happen to the best of us even on an anonymised forum like this.

Give it a few hours and you will edit some of your posts and reflect that it wasn't relevant or appropriate.

By the way I wish I was a boy again. Life was so much less complicated then.

All the best.

Will have to "agree to disagree" on most of your post.
    I don't know if I want to be a boy again. I am quite ok with how my life has/is played out.
    Reflecting on your "I wish I was a boy again "....if I get a chance to rewind it back, and fight to do better.... I don't know if I want to try. I am pretty happy where I am.
    To re-live it again??? Hell yeah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by georgegervin44 View Post
    If you're enjoying sportura's posts (and I am), you should check out @GSElevator on Twitter (Goldman Sachs Elevator).
    Man!
    I love GS elevator.
    Do you know what the difference is between GS and our boardroom boy Sportura?
    GS Elevator can write a whole story about him almost shitting his pants in a corporate plane, next to his clients :)
    I doubt Sportura will share these details (we don't even know if he even knows how to find the shitter in a private plane)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakumi View Post
    I am late to the party, but I wanted to chime in. My thoughts on Omega and their owners are as follows. I think Omega is a cool brand and I like some of their designs with my favorite being the Aqua Terra. The issue to me is a lot of their owners (not all of them) that only own Omega or Omega is their highest end watch tend to be a bit shallow. I will explain what I mean. They go to threads about Tag Heuer and bash them and it seems Omega owners always talk about how much they like their Omega so much better. But when compared to Rolex, they talk on how Omega is just as good as Rolex. It just screams, "I want to be accepted on the higher end but hate on those below me." Most people who own both Rolex and Omega do not seem to be this way. This is just what I have seen on this forum site.
    Good observation.
    Most people that can afford both are courteous and polite. No need to rub it in the face of the other guys. Really.
    And there is a progression.
    I started with g-shock.
    Then Seiko.
    Then Tutima.
    Then Rolex.
    Guess what- I still love Seiko.
    And kick myself in the nuts for selling my Tutima.
    And Rolex goes with me on the boat, on the barge, on the corporate plane.
    Just for my buddy-boy Sportura--- I will go in our corporate boardroom with my Seiko 007 :)
    Will post pictures:)
    In fact I would like to take a vote!
    If it's not Rolex, what it should be?
    I will give you choice- Suunto, Garmin, G-shock.
    I know this will make the "boardroom boy cringe:)"

Falcon15e likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakumi View Post
    I think it's because Rolex is seen as a benchmark, and in many ways, too.

Nobody says about their watch, "It's just as good as a Glashutte Original!" That's because nobody else knows what a GO is. But everybody and their mom knows what a Rolex is.

It's also a sort of litmus test to see how WIS-ey an enthusiast is. If they think Rolex is the peak of high-end, someone WIS-ier will say, "Ah, newbie, but Rolex is just the entry level of 'high-end'."

It's also a touchstone for someone demonstrating their reverse-snobbish-ness. "My SKX007 is just as good as a Sub and for one-fortieth of the price, bro." We've heard that one plenty of times. But we've never heard, "My SKX007 is just as good as a Fifty Fathoms," have we?
    Cobia likes this.

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbgbg View Post
    Will have to "agree to disagree" on most of your post.
    I don't know if I want to be a boy again. I am quite ok with how my life has/is played out.
    Reflecting on your "I wish I was a boy again "....if I get a chance to rewind it back, and fight to do better.... I don't know if I want to try. I am pretty happy where I am.
    To re-live it again??? Hell yeah!!!!

Yeah I am happy too however I’m pretty sure you missed my point because you are so engrossed in talking about yourself......again.

In saying that you won me back when you started talking about your admiration for G Shocks and Seikos. However I disagree about a ‘progression’ to a Rolex. What a generalised assumption. My first watch was an expensive Omega and now I’m even further away from acquiring another more expensive Swiss brand despite having greater financial means.

Horology can be such a wank and we are all victims to some extent which is why I’m spending some of my precious time trading views with anonymous blow arses like Sportura and yourself.
    Last edited by Galaga; September 28th, 2017 at 02:35.

Thread Information