Opinions on Omega - Page 52
Like Tree83439Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 52 of 7761 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 552 1052 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 77603
  1. #511
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    I think the new 60th series looks amazing. But they are so limited.

  2. #512
    Member Falcon15e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    412

    Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    Ahhhheeeemmmmmm

    Actually there IS NO BOND CONNECTION.

    Omega paid the producers to put it in the recent movies. That's all.

    1. Fleming, who wrote the Bond books, wore a Rolex Explorer.

    2. In the books, Bond wore a Rolex.

    3. In all the movies where commercial product placement did not occur, Bond wore a Rolex.

    I cant say it more forcefully - or maybe I can.

    THERE IS NO BOND CONNECTION.


    THERE IS NO BOND CONNECTION.



    THERE IS NO BOND CONNECTION.
    Or, more precisely, you can reference WHAT I was talking about there - I wasn’t talking about Omegas influence with Bond (although, there definitely IS a bond connection and video evidence of such since Omega paid the money to be on Brosnan and Craig’s wrist AND name dropped in Casino Royale; whether you like it or not - there is a CONNECTION. Denying there is would be like denying that because there’s a day, there is a night. Omega paid MGM to be the “official watch” book history or not) but I was strictly speaking about the Omega owners who bought one BECAUSE it was their Bond influence due to the movies and marketing. Hence, my observation of the Owners.

    Beyond that point, Bond was a book then a series of movies based off a fictional character thus used as a marketing engine to produce revenue. To be so......worked up over a marketing device is pretty silly. I don’t care what Bond wore in books or movies.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Falcon15e; September 30th, 2017 at 19:55.
    BarracksSi likes this.
    [SIGPIC]
    "Scouts out!"
    Rolex 5513 Submariner (1983-84 Serial)
    Rolex 114060 Submariner
    Rolex 16710 ‘Pepsi’ GMT
    Ω Omega Speedmaster
    Ω Omega "Bond" SMP 2221.80
    1948 Bulova Excellency
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Military
    Chase Durer Pilot Commander X

  3. #513
    Member flybynight70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    809

    Re: Opinions on Omega




    That combo is my the cornerstone goal of my collection and fortunately (this week) I have half of it (Speedy Pro Moon watch). Lovely photo.
    Alex_TA, Seaswirl, Raza and 2 others like this.
    Dishonorably discharged from the Kiss Army.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #514
    Member raxford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    554

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    I love this thing. My first high end watch and what a beauty it is.

    A Rolex is in my future. I can feel it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


    _______

    Nobody knows what time it is
    , so there's that.

    Rolex Explorer I 214270
    Rolex Explorer II 16570
    Rolex Submariner 116610LN
    Panerai 00510
    Omega Planet Ocean Good Planet
    Tudor Pelagos Blue
    IWC Le Petit Prince Mark XVIII
    Breitling Chronomat A13352
    Melbourne Flinders
    Seiko SKX173

    The loves I've lost
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm
    Tudor Black Bay Red ETA

  6. #515
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon15e View Post
    Or, more precisely, you can reference WHAT I was talking about there - I wasn’t talking about Omegas influence with Bond (although, there definitely IS a bond connection and video evidence of such since Omega paid the money to be on Brosnan and Craig’s wrist AND name dropped in Casino Royale; whether you like it or not - there is a CONNECTION. Denying there is would be like denying that because there’s a day, there is a night. Omega paid MGM to be the “official watch” book history or not) but I was strictly speaking about the Omega owners who bought one BECAUSE it was their Bond influence due to the movies and marketing. Hence, my observation of the Owners.

    Beyond that point, Bond was a book then a series of movies based off a fictional character thus used as a marketing engine to produce revenue. To be so......worked up over a marketing device is pretty silly. I don’t care what Bond wore in books or movies.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    so if I saw an advert for the local massage parlour before a bond movie there would be a connection?

    I apologise if I came over a bit strong, but I hate historical revisionism. Once you begin to change history to suit, you lose all truth. Before long Pearl Harbour was attacked by the Chinese, the Barbarians were peace loving missionaries, and 911 was a gas main accident.

    Already vast parts of history have been rewritten, mainly thanks to books penned by people with vested interests, and more recently by Wikipedia.

    The Bond issue, although fiction, is simply a minor example of that revisionist approach. What next?
    • I currently own 6 Rolex watches, from a new Submariner Ceramic to a 1963 Oysterdate Precision.
    • I have continuously owned Rolex watches for over 37 years, starting with a GMT M in 1980.
    • I have owned 12 Omegas, from a 1939 30T2 to a Seamaster 200.
    • I own 2 Seiko Divers, owning one since 1979.


    I post from actual experience.

  7. #516
    Member frozenotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    355

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Omega: Douche
    Rolex: Snob

    IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.



  8. #517
    Member Falcon15e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    412

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    so if I saw an advert for the local massage parlour before a bond movie there would be a connection?

    I apologise if I came over a bit strong, but I hate historical revisionism. Once you begin to change history to suit, you lose all truth. Before long Pearl Harbour was attacked by the Chinese, the Barbarians were peace loving missionaries, and 911 was a gas main accident.

    Already vast parts of history have been rewritten, mainly thanks to books penned by people with vested interests, and more recently by Wikipedia.

    The Bond issue, although fiction, is simply a minor example of that revisionist approach. What next?
    Awwwww! I see what you mean. Yes, I too hate how much history has been revised, ignored, lied about or “simplified” to suit others’ agendas.

    And I whole-heartedly agree that people who hinge their devotion to Omega because of Bond are doing so based off a false argument.

    But I do have to say, if you encompass Bond, Books, Connery to Craig, then Omega will be on that timeline. Was it in an effort to stay true to Fleming’s books? No, it wasn’t. It was purely marketing. But it is there. Then again, so were a few other Brands if you peek back into Roger Moore’s influence on the Bond saga.

    I appreciate you further explaining your stance. Thank you.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC]
    "Scouts out!"
    Rolex 5513 Submariner (1983-84 Serial)
    Rolex 114060 Submariner
    Rolex 16710 ‘Pepsi’ GMT
    Ω Omega Speedmaster
    Ω Omega "Bond" SMP 2221.80
    1948 Bulova Excellency
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Military
    Chase Durer Pilot Commander X

  9. #518
    Member sportura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,363

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by GetLittUp View Post
    sportura still spouting his nonsense?

    This guys posts are unreal. Either:

    A. He's a troll, and a sad human being, and needs to find a life.

    B. He's actually for real, and an even sadder human being.


    C. He's just a proud Rolex owner who is comfortable enough in his own skin to recognize the occasional attention an $18,000 wristwatch brings and doesn't need to hide behind phony self-righteous rhetoric to justify such an extravagance.
    BarracksSi and mtb2104 like this.

  10. #519
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    84

    Re: Opinions on Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post


    C. He's just a proud Rolex owner who is comfortable enough in his own skin to recognize the occasional attention an $18,000 wristwatch brings and doesn't need to hide behind phony self-righteous rhetoric to justify such an extravagance.
    Amazing.
    This guy is unreal :)
    I was just going to comment about how I admire goats (and donkeys) and this guy comes through again:)
    You know what Sportura??? I thought for a moment you were all about being a proud father, giver, philanthropist. In addition to being The Boardroom Master:)
    it turns out you are just a "proud Rolex owner".
    I think this song was written just so I can congratulate you with it. Enjoy dude:)

    https://youtu.be/7Yg8MuaWMT0


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #520
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    84

    Opinions on Omega

    Hey, proud boy (Sportura)
    I will tell you one last thing.
    You got it all mixed up Boardroom Master...
    you are a "proud Rolex owner". I call this being a d-bag.
    Do you know what I am PROUD about?
    -About finishing my bachelors and masters degrees while working full time with no loans (paying international student tuition)
    -having a great reputation in the industry I am in.
    - creating a great family and raising two amazing kids
    - bench pressing 300 pounds for 6 reps yesterday (two weeks before turning 42)
    The things I have DONE, or still DO, I am proud about.
    The things I can afford, I am HAPPY about.
    I am happy about my watches, about my SigSauer handguns, my surefire flashlights, benchmade knifes, SCAR rifle...
    I am happy I can start my daughter's shooting on 900$ Hoyt compound bows and 2000$ FX Impact PCP rifles.
    These are all TOYS I CAN AFFORD, not things I am proud of.
    You see boy, you are proud about the wrong things
    Most guys (and gals) on this forum are financially secure enough to afford these watches but do not act like d-bags and do not scream about being in boardrooms.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sntangerbgbg; October 1st, 2017 at 07:09.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. AL9C1

Similar Threads

  1. First Omega, Opinions?
    By j.a.p in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 14th, 2019, 01:18
  2. Opinions please on my first Omega
    By samanderson in forum Omega
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 18th, 2011, 19:18
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 25th, 2011, 15:45
  4. Opinions on my first Omega?
    By F07A in forum Omega
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 25th, 2007, 22:41
  5. Omega opinions
    By Guido Muldoon in forum Dive watches
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 4th, 2007, 05:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •