Opinions on Omega - Page 57
Like Tree82892Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 57 of 7717 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 107 157 557 1057 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_TA View Post
    And Rolex or any other producer does not change anything?

I see this "Omega changes too often" nonsense as copy-paste borrowed wisdom.
    The Planet ocean has had major design changes starting with the 2500 version (many different bezel/dial combinations plus 2 different size cases). Then on to the 8500 which had different movements, case sizes, bezels, dials, bracelets, and lume. So pretty much the entire watch which also included many different color combinations. Then it went to the 8900 powered PO and again with different case sizes, clasps, bezel designs, and color schemes. All within the last decade.

While the sub has undergone 1 major change in that time; from the 5 digit reference to the 6.

Yea this is copy-paste borrowed wisdom.
    Seaswirl likes this.
    Current: Seiko SBBN015, Apple Watch, G-Shock, Damasko DA37

Gone but not forgotten: Way too many to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by kamonjj View Post
    The Planet ocean has had major design changes starting with the 2500 version (many different bezel/dial combinations plus 2 different size cases). Then on to the 8500 which had different movements, case sizes, bezels, dials, bracelets, and lume. So pretty much the entire watch which also included many different color combinations. Then it went to the 8900 powered PO and again with different case sizes, clasps, bezel designs, and color schemes. All within the last decade.

While the sub has undergone 1 major change in that time; from the 5 digit reference to the 6.

Agreed. The personality of the PO stayed the same, but changes have been so so so many since I bought my 2500 PO maybe in 2009-10

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    Oh wow, is it fiction? I didn't realise..... How silly I am.

Of course its fiction in the case of Rolex, its advertising copy in the case of Omega. In fact with Omega its just product placement. Pay your money and its in the movie.

Rolex pays to have their product in movies an TV also. Is it a coincidence that almost every actor in a certain movie wears a Rolex? An Anthony Hopkins flick I just watched, for sure had Rolex paid product placement. Almost every main actor had one on their wrist.
    Last edited by Colin G; October 5th, 2017 at 01:31.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Opinions on Omega

Yes it is. It goes strong, especially from people that never owned Omega. "It changes too often, booo'.

When you look at the first PO with 2500 movement and the newest, you unmistakably know that it's the same line.

Can you say the same about the previous SD which btw was in production for two years only and the current 43mm one?
    Last edited by Alex_TA; October 6th, 2017 at 12:11.
    nicon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by damascato View Post
    Agreed. The personality of the PO stayed the same, but changes have been so so so many since I bought my 2500 PO maybe in 2009-10
    Same here. Iíve owned 3 different versions of the PO myself. The 42mm 2500D should have been a keeper. Great wearer. I did enjoy the blue titanium with 8500 too once I added the adjustable clasp. That movement was probably one of the best Iíd ever seen on a timegrapher. Zero and I mean zero, positional deviation and it was +1 s/day.

However, according to some, they donít change that frequently. Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: Seiko SBBN015, Apple Watch, G-Shock, Damasko DA37

Gone but not forgotten: Way too many to remember!

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by damascato View Post
    That is PLAIN rude mate. If nobody cares about my opinion, or anyone's opinion, what is all this discussion about? Facts? Laughable to say the least...

Thanks again for your politeness.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Itís a response to your ridiculous assertion that the Speedmaster is the only Omega with a timeless design.

You do realise how stupid and ignorant that sounds.
    Last edited by Galaga; October 5th, 2017 at 01:10.

Quote Originally Posted by TagTime View Post
    Just plain WOW! Jealous at a fellow Aussie or now that sportura is not posting anymore trying to find a new target?

Just breath and carry on.
    Says the guy who wears a Tag.

Same here. Iíve owned 3 different versions of the PO myself. The 42mm 2500D should have been a keeper. Great wearer. I did enjoy the blue titanium with 8500 too once I added the adjustable clasp. That movement was probably one of the best Iíd ever seen on a timegrapher. Zero and I mean zero, positional deviation and it was +1 s/day.

However, according to some, they donít change that frequently. Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Omega 2500D is the best looking Omega PO ever made and aesthetically looks better than any Sub especially those with a hideous cyclops.

The only Rolex that compares to it is the Sea Dweller without the ridiculous writing on the chapter ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Itís a response to your ridiculous assertion that the Speedmaster is the only Omega with a timeless design.

You do realise how stupid and ignorant that sounds.
    Get a life bro.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Says the guy who wears a Tag.
    You bet, and after reading this thread I am proud of it also. Just like a Rolex, it takes a man to wear a Tag .
    Last edited by TagTime; October 5th, 2017 at 01:32.
    damascato likes this.

Thread Information