Opinions on Omega - Page 5732
Like Tree81578Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    You're a Man of Rolex. That is all you need. Wear a Hulk and nothing else. The Hulk will be sooooo eye catching that no one will realise that you are stark naked!
    Well it was out to,vote and it’s one a piece with the hulk having two arguments as to why I should wear it as against none to the SMP
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson56 View Post
    If you are interested in the 16570 consider getting one from about the last three years of production as many had the newer 3186 movement.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/depth...-ii-ref-16570/

I like to GMT hand of the older model, but the size, bracelet and movement of the newer model. I'm beginning to understand that it's never an easy decision with Rolex. Omega is criticised for offering too many varieties with different coloured bezels, bracelets and straps, but you at least have a better chance of finding what you like without too many compromises.
    I am actually more interested in the older versions of the 16570 with the "hole case".

I will probably buy a head only watch , since it will be a strapbeatch. I like the idea of a semi vintage Rolex on a strap.

I like the 216570 as well but do not think it looks as good on a strap (besides, it's lug width is 21 mm, I've got a load of nice 20 mm straps).
    5959HH likes this.
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    It's being thankful. It's OK to say. It is not virtue signalling for sure. Age as I'm sure Bro 59 will attest makes one more aware that another year has passed...
    And I older I get the faster the years go by, now at almost warp speed.
    Betterthere likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    You taking advice from a Man of Omega? A moo?
    Don’t trust a MOO, winning argument!
    rjohnson56 and Dogbert_is_fat like this.
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Use lucky instead?
    Yup, that’s what I say. “Lucky” and “unlucky” are easy to deal with. “Blessed” implies that if something goes wrong, I’m then “cursed”.
    Sappie66 and Betterthere like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I recommend you get rid of your Omegas, Tudor, and Breitling, and drastically drop your price on the Graham. Also trade your PAM 111 for either a 000 or 005 with solid caseback. Then buy a Hulk for an exorbitant price from a gray dealer.

OK levity aside, I too like some variety with my collection, keeping in mind I’m likely to take a financial soaking whenever I sell or trade almost any non Rolex.
    you a buyer?

Jokes aside, I do not mind the graham so much, so if no one buys it at close to current price, I'd just keep it. The idea with flipping the Graham was to free up some funds and make space for a white dial Rolex EXPII or a GS Snowflake.

As far as PAM's go, I prefer sandwich dials to the painted sausage one. I anything, I'd get a 183 or a 210.

The Breitling will never be sold, my first "nice" watch bought in 1999 after a hard gig teaching CAD SW in the middle of bumf.ck USA and serviced last year for $600+
    5959HH and Sappie66 like this.
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenl View Post
    I am actually more interested in the older versions of the 16570 with the "hole case".

I will probably buy a head only watch , since it will be a strapbeatch. I like the idea of a semi vintage Rolex on a strap.

I like the 216570 as well but do not think it looks as good on a strap (besides, it's lug width is 21 mm, I've got a load of nice 20 mm straps).
    Most contemporary Rolexes don’t work well with straps due to the closeness of lug holes to the case with resulting abrasion of the strap. I don’t think at this point I would buy any GMT watch without the jumping hour hand feature.
    rjohnson56 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenl View Post
    you a buyer?

Jokes aside, I do not mind the graham so much, so if no one buys it at close to current price, I'd just keep it. The idea with flipping the Graham was to free up some funds and make space for a white dial Rolex EXPII or a GS Snowflake.

As far as PAM's go, I prefer sandwich dials to the painted sausage one. I anything, I'd get a 183 or a 210.

The Breitling will never be sold, my first "nice" watch bought in 1999 after a hard gig teaching CAD SW in the middle of bumf.ck USA and serviced last year for $600+
    I too prefer sandwich dials to painted sausage but prefer solid caseback on that type of Panerai. Just my personal preference. I suspect the PAM 111 (and 112) will become iconic PAM’s to keep, and should do nothing but appreciate in value. Also the Unitas 9498 movement is more easily serviced than in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    I don’t think at this point I would buy any GMT watch without the jumping hour hand feature.
    I go back and forth on this. I’ve gone through three phases of opinions, too:

- Any GMT would be awesome!
    - Only “true GMTs” are awesome!
    - Well, a “true GMT” with a jumping hour hand is better for traveling... but the other kind, with a jumping 24hr hand, would be a better “office GMT”...

I rarely travel anymore. Hell, I haven’t had a proper vacation since 2015. But we’ve got family in all four US time zones, family in Europe and Korea, and some events at work are done according to Zulu time (I’m looking at such an email right now).

Maybe what would be best for me would be a GMT of any flavor but with a rotating bezel.
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    Well it was out to,vote and it’s one a piece with the hulk having two arguments as to why I should wear it as against none to the SMP
    My vote for the SMP was that one of the divers was wearing an old SMP. Didn't see anyone wearing a Hulk nor would I expect to see anyone wearing a GMT 90 m below sea level. Don't you have a DS to wear?

Thread Information