Opinions on Omega - Page 58
Like Tree83724Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 58 of 7786 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 108 158 558 1058 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by TagTime View Post
    You bet, and I am proud of it also. Just like a Rolex, it takes a man to wear a Tag .
    Judging a man from his watch. What a deep and multilayered personality this guy must have.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    nicon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by damascato View Post
    Judging a man from his watch. What a deep and multilayered personality this guy must have.
    Damascato, I like your reply. It looks like you start to know me (but on the other hand you are indeed still far off).

Get a life bro.

God I hate that saying. I have a great one thanks. I sincerely hope you do too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like Omegas and I have a few. But you're right: omega changes designs too often and has too many 'special editions'. Apart from the moonwatch they don't have any timeless design. Just great (temporary) designs.

Agreed. Not sure how anyone can really deny the majority of your post. I still like my Omegas though. You just have to accept going into it that that the watch you're buying is going to be phased out in the relatively near future.
    damascato likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
    Agreed. Not sure how anyone can really deny the majority of your post. I still like my Omegas though. You just have to accept going into it that that the watch you're buying is going to be phased out in the relatively near future.
    And there is nothing bad with it... But you can't really say that a design that radically changes every 3 years, even if always great, can be technically called 'timeless'

Seaswirl likes this.

And there is nothing bad with it... But you can't really say that a design that radically changes every 3 years, even if always great, can be technically called 'timeless'
    Ehhh.... well, you can have a rapidly-discontinued design be "timeless" if it doesn't reflect the general non-watch fashion trends of its time. Certain color combinations, or numbering fonts, or other visual features would be reminiscent of a particular era.

Omega's least-changed watch of the last twenty or thirty years, I'd say, has been their Constellation line, and not any of the sports models.
    damascato likes this.

Yep. One of the things I like about Rolex is longevity of design. I'm confident that my Sub and Daytona will still be relevant 20 years from now. Same for my Speedy. Conversely, I like my big ass orange PO because, well, it's different from my other watches and contemporary. I bought it knowing that it would be phased out and that it probably wouldn't age particularly well.
    damascato likes this.

Think about how many times the design of the seamaster 300 has changed in the last 10-12yrs (and how much has changed) and compare it to the Submariner.

I like Omega's designs way more than Rolex's to be honest, but it's like with cars... They make you always feel like your model is outdated and they make you crave the new one.

You sir are correct... marketing schemes you know

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    damascato likes this.
    Philippians 4:13!

Quote Originally Posted by TagTime View Post
    You bet, and after reading this thread I am proud of it also. Just like a Rolex, it takes a man to wear a Tag .
    HAHAHA this is seriously like the most stupid yet AMUSING thread that I have ever read over!
    Its like little kids playing in the sandbox saying, MY TOY IS BIGGER/ BETTER than yours!

Seriously guys, buy the watch YOU like(for whatever reason, whether it be an Omega, Rolex, Citizen, Seiko, JLC, Brietling etc...), and who CARES if anybody even notices your $3,000-$20,000 timekeeping indulgence! (Although that is nice when somebody does lol)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    damascato and TagTime like this.
    Philippians 4:13!

Banned

GOOD GOD! I had no idea how huge this thread was gonna blow up! SO many funny and ridiculous comments hahah! I wonder how insane an Omega VS Breitling thread would get haha!

Thread Information