Opinions on Omega - Page 6038
Like Tree81579Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by BigSeikoFan View Post
    Totally politically incorrect here but since this is OoO...

I lost my appetite for breakfast today after seeing some of my fellow passengers. This ship is Exhibit A for why obesity is a public health crisis. Oy!
    Secret to cruising is eat in moderation. Great number of oinkers on shipboard that eat 5-7 huge meals per day, essentially nonstop. When it sea, best arc is to limit caloric intake, which is difficult due to the abundance of food, and walk 2-3 miles per day on the walking deck.

BSF send a few pictures our way via Tapatalk when you get a chance.
    The Thomas J likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Do you get all you can eat buffet on cruises?
    Yes. Unlimited availability of food takes tons of self discipline to not indulge.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    He knows how; he just doesn’t. There are diehard selvedge denim freaks that might put their jeans in the freezer to get rid of bad odor (stench) but never wash , all so they can accomplish the desired fades. In my case I wash my selvedge denim and regular denim jeans after 1-2 weeks of wear and could not care less about fades. Nice thing about selvedge denim is I can buy heavier weight 17-18oz jeans rather than standard 12-14 oz.
    To put everyone's concern to rest I washed my jeans as I'm actually starting a new pair...there wasn't any stench nor odor, as I air them well under sunlight in between wear.

Soaked them well in the tub with natural detergent (unscented with no chemicals), rinse, and they are good to go again

brother of OoO
    5959HH and Betterthere like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Secret to cruising is eat in moderation. Great number of oinkers on shipboard that eat 5-7 huge meals per day, essentially nonstop. When it sea, best arc is to limit caloric intake, which is difficult due to the abundance of food, and walk 2-3 miles per day on the walking deck.

BSF send a few pictures our way via Tapatalk when you get a chance.
    I have to say I have been on 3 cruises in the past 5 years. Two on Norwegian, one on Royal Caribbean. The buffet food on both was so disappointing. Norwegian was slightly above average and the Royal Caribbean was average at best. The dining options on Norwegian were much better so I would wait for dinner to really indulge. Both boats had a burger bar which made up for the overall disappointments of the buffet. But. They were ALWAYS packed. I was in the Haven during my first cruise on Norwegian and we were able to order it from the deck and brought to us. The second cruise the Haven was booked. Royal Caribbean was so beneath me. I was slumming it. But I made the sacrifice for the family we were traveling with. It's not as bad as Carnival which I hear is just a floating ghetto. A perfect example, both times when I boarded Norwegian with my full set of Louis Vuitton luggage no one batted an eye. On Royal Caribbean it was like these people were seeing a Mermaid at sea. They also broke the wheels on my carry on. My next cruise I'm going to go on Celebrity.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    5959HH likes this.
    Sent from me, to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    You know those days of finding a cheap Sub are long gone.

It’s so hypocritical though. For the self-proclaimed MOR to wear such a cheap POS to the beach. How could anyone take you seriously as the man with THE best Rolex collection. Man-up. You overspent by at least $10k for the BLRO and Daytona.......spend $5-6k for a beater to wear so you NEVER have to wear an inferior watch again.
    I remain committed to talk Sporty into buying a Marinemaster for his beach activities this summer. Essentially a Grand Seiko movement, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, Diashield anti-scratch coating, uniblock case construction, etc.

Since I’m the one who talked Sporty into buying his BLRO, I now need to convince him to proceed with acquisition of a Marinemaster that is the King of midrange priced divers. But definitely not a Tudor or Omega diver for Sporty. Definitely wouldn’t work for him, or me either for that matter.
    Sappie66 likes this.

I remain committed to talk Sporty into buying a Marinemaster for his beach activities this summer. Essentially a Grand Seiko movement, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, Diashield anti-scratch coating, uniblock case construction, etc.

Since I’m the one who talked Sporty into buying his BLRO, I now need to convince him to proceed with acquisition of a Marinemaster that is the King of midrange priced divers. But definitely not a Tudor or Omega diver for Sporty. Definitely wouldn’t work for him, or me either for that matter.
    Last summer I went snorkeling with my Sub and was terrified I was going to lose it. The SS bracelet that it's on is 45 years old. The rivets are popping out. I just dont trust it. This was part of the reason why I bought the G-Shock which was being pushed on me by various members of the group in this thread. I have to say I love wearing that watch. One if the best watch purchases I ever made.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    5959HH and BarracksSi like this.
    Sent from me, to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marendra View Post
    I was halfway through engineering school when I figured out I didn’t want to be an engineer.... but wasn’t about to quit for that reason alone. Fortunately, there are a lot of things engineers can do without doing any engineering.
    It’s an excellent form of discipline. Employers are way more impressed with a graduate who has a BS degree in engineering than someone with a BA in liberal arts.
    The Thomas J and Marendra like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSeikoFan View Post
    I can get a Sturhling for 75% off!! Smaller discounts on Invictas...
    Nothing but shipboard junk to buy with the exception of single malt Scotch.
    BigSeikoFan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    You didn't carry a reusable?
    Reusable straws are unnecessary. Can throw all plastic straws overboard while at sea, sometimes even when in port.
    BigSeikoFan likes this.

No chance.

BarracksSi likes this.

Thread Information