Opinions on Omega - Page 6046
Like Tree81088Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    I am w you since what appears to me to be complete duplication looks like hoarding. If one considers the ultimate collection by the sum of its value then maybe in that case that is the ultimate Rolex collection but aside from that to me it is just silly.
    JMHO, a person needs to take into consideration the context of his acquisition. From what I have read, Mike Wood wasn't out to collect as many Milsubs and Comex divers as he could possibly get...........He was in the business and through his daily work he came across these watches when there was little to no demand for them. He has true love for the brand and a passion for these particular watches based on history. It is only through sheer luck that these have skyrocketed in value such that it seems gluttonous. (I guess Gluttony and derivatives are the word for the day for me.)

Like I said.....JMHO of course.

BTW, I guess it does depend on what someone's definition of "ultimate collection" is for a watch collection. I know Ken wears all his watches (or nearly all) in a rotation. He keeps them in a bank vault and trades them out periodically. I guess for me the ultimate watch collection is based on two things......value and diversity. When I say diversity, I mean High-End watches from Rolex, Patek, JLC, and AP primarily. The more the merrier.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

It isnít politically incorrect it is a fact , fat a&& are everywhere and society pays for it dearly. Being in your 30s having to use an electric scooter at the grocery store is just a disgrace . It is amazing to see people waddling around like a bunch of manatees. Just makes me mad more than anything else
    Itís societyís fault. You know how society views people in their 30s who are thin, single and neat!
    Marendra likes this.
    Brother of OoO

Not that here’s anything wrong with that
    Marendra likes this.
    Brother of OoO

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    And if not for OoO I would have had to post "nice watch" and "congrats" thousands of times.
    Ewwww
    Betterthere likes this.
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Marendra View Post
    I was halfway through engineering school when I figured out I didnít want to be an engineer.... but wasnít about to quit for that reason alone. Fortunately, there are a lot of things engineers can do without doing any engineering.
    Monorail driver?
    Brother of OoO

It isnít politically incorrect it is a fact , fat a&& are everywhere and society pays for it dearly. Being in your 30s having to use an electric scooter at the grocery store is just a disgrace . It is amazing to see people waddling around like a bunch of manatees. Just makes me mad more than anything else
    Reminds me of Wall-E and what their prediction of our future holds.......

borrowed
    Name:  caADyjF.png
Views: 16
Size:  548.9 KB
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    JMHO, a person needs to take into consideration the context of his acquisition. From what I have read, Mike Wood wasn't out to collect as many Milsubs and Comex divers as he could possibly get...........He was in the business and through his daily work he came across these watches when there was little to no demand for them. He has true love for the brand and a passion for these particular watches based on history. It is only through sheer luck that these have skyrocketed in value such that it seems gluttonous. (I guess Gluttony and derivatives are the word for the day for me.)

Like I said.....JMHO of course.

BTW, I guess it does depend on what someone's definition of "ultimate collection" is for a watch collection. I know Ken wears all his watches (or nearly all) in a rotation. He keeps them in a bank vault and trades them out periodically. I guess for me the ultimate watch collection is based on two things......value and diversity. When I say diversity, I mean High-End watches from Rolex, Patek, JLC, and AP primarily. The more the merrier.
    I donít know the guy and i certainly respect his idea of a collection but I agree w you especially on diversity and less so on value but I could embrace the latter . A true watch collection should be of pieces that will defy time and will remain relevant for the near and not so near future because of their timeless designs... So what foots the bill.... AP Rolex PP Blancpain come to mind for sure but even Omega w the older speedy and seamaster . Some new brands, who knows, might become future super desirable collectibles but none come to mind ...
    I would argue that pieces from established Swiss brands still in existence today that do not have collectible pieces from their past most likely never will be collectible ... IWC comes to mind (except the cool retro pieces like the 1st ceramic chrono) but aside from that nothing else is really collectible . GS has tons of older pieces out there for cheap so doubt they will become the cream of the crop unless the world wakes up and starts eating them up .

Name:  IMG_1159.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  358.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    Reminds me of Wall-E and what their prediction of our future holds.......

borrowed
    Name:  caADyjF.png
Views: 16
Size:  548.9 KB

Took the wife out to breakfast this am and our breakfast was also our lunch . Essentially plenty in one plate for two to three meals and we wonder why people waddle around ....but I am big boned yeah that must be it ...
    Betterthere likes this.

Thread Information