Opinions on Omega - Page 6048
Like Tree83908Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    Problem with those super beater watches you illustrate is they all have the same movement as the SKX which means you’re just put better looking clothes on a cadaver. My advice: Sell all of them to fund one MM with the almost GS movement.
    Doesn’t the SKX have a 7S27 or whatever? Turtles and Samurai have the 4R36 and 4R35 respectively, and the Sumo has the 6R15.

And regardless of movement, the look and feel better than the SKX.

And I have the SLA017 green LE already - far right in the photo.
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5959HH View Post
    One of the wealthiest Texans in his day was HL Hunt who said he considered education a detriment to accumulating wealth. He left school after the 5th grade.
    Reading about him now thanks to you. What a sleaze.

I hope that he, and people like him, realized that their wealth was built on the backs of those PhDs that they denigrated.
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    Took the wife out to breakfast this am and our breakfast was also our lunch . Essentially plenty in one plate for two to three meals and we wonder why people waddle around ....but I am big boned yeah that must be it ...
    Wife and I almost always spilt a meal. One can see that as health conscious or cheap. Plead guilty to both.
    Marendra, BarracksSi and 5959HH like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    Wife and I almost always spilt a meal. One can see that as health conscious or cheap. Plead guilty to both.
    Dunno, sounds like win-win to me.
    Betterthere and BarracksSi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marendra View Post
    Lol, that’s an extreme view. But there does come a point where he’s correct. For most folks, anyways.
    Nothing wrong with that. Once he realizes he's no good at school might as well go get rich.
    5959HH and Marendra like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    I swear we are one and the same person ....
    Health conscious and cheap but then spend a load on watches ... who would have thought.
    I would rather be thirsty than pay 6 bucks for a bottle of water ...

My dad used to say “being cheap pays off “ supposed it did he retired quite early and still doing just fine .
    Jason71 and rjohnson56 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marendra View Post
    When we lived in Houston about 13 years ago, we’d go to cheesecake factory.... two kids at the time grade 1 and preschool. We’d order one entree, one kids menu item and one dessert. That was enough food for the four of us, with plenty for lunch the next day.
    That place is actually decent food wise but the regular plates are just absurd in size. I get the skinnylicious menu item and kids meal and we all split one desert . ...works for 4
    Marendra and BarracksSi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    You know those days of finding a cheap Sub are long gone.

It’s so hypocritical though. For the self-proclaimed MOR to wear such a cheap POS to the beach. How could anyone take you seriously as the man with THE best Rolex collection. Man-up. You overspent by at least $10k for the BLRO and Daytona.......spend $5-6k for a beater to wear so you NEVER have to wear an inferior watch again.
    I wouldn’t be able to relax and enjoy my time on the beach in a nice watch, especially a Rolex. And I’m not trying to show off on the beach because a beach house sorta trumps any timepiece in that locale. I’m King on my Maine beach. And I like Seiko’s. They are fun and I collect them too.

I didn’t overpay for my BLRO and 500C. I paid below today’s fair market value, in fact.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    I wouldn’t be able to relax and enjoy my time on the beach in a nice watch, especially a Rolex. And I’m not trying to show off on the beach because a beach house sorta trumps any timepiece in that locale. I’m King on my Maine beach. And I like Seiko’s. They are fun and I collect them too.

I didn’t overpay for my BLRO and 500C. I paid below today’s fair market value, in fact.
    I'm honestly at a bit of a loss.......So how do you publicize that you own a particular beach house......Make a sign that says, "that's my house" with an arrow??

Your belief system and set of values is so different from mine.........I cannot relate at all. No worries though. Glad you are happy and having a good Holiday weekend at the beach. Unfortunately, I have in-house call at the hospital Yesterday and tomorrow
    Snaggletooth likes this.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    It really hits home when watching commercials and TV shows from the early 90's and prior. Holy crap. It's like the evolution of the starship captains in Wall-E.
    And heaven help you if you bring it up because it's now called fat-shaming. "How dare you?!?"

Hey, no skin off of my nose; I'm not the one who's going to have to deal with the health issues down the road...
    Snaggletooth likes this.
    "It's so easy to fall in love with a GS Tiffany Snowflake TM."

Thread Information