Opinions on Omega - Page 61
Like Tree83433Likes

Thread: Opinions on Omega

Page 61 of 7760 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 111 161 561 1061 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    Ceramic insert? LOL. As if thatís some kind of advantage. Why then do all pre ceramic subs have better resale than ceramic?

And what decorated movement are you talking about ? My PO 2500D keeps time at +0.25 seconds.
    How do 5 digit subs have better resale than 6 digit? Resale in terms of price or increase in initial value? I would need a more information to agree or disagree. However, the resale on the 6 digit is higher but they are higher priced to begin with.

I didnít say that the 2500 didnít keep good time. I just appreciate seeing the 8xxx series movements. They look and preform well. Plus I think itís an added benefit in omegas corner.

Also, the 2500 powered POs donít sell for as high as the ceramics, similarly to that of sub. Again, ceramics have a higher msrp to begin with.

Only the limited aluminum offerings from both companies have crazy resale prices because of the rarity. The liquid metal 2500 PO and say a 50th anniversary hulk.

Itís safe to assume that the population agrees with my sentiment; ceramic is an advantage over aluminum. Itís scratch proof. Not to mention, you donít see omega going back to aluminum, they and the entire watch production community view them as better. Open your eyes, many companies are introducing ceramic as an advantage.

Instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should ask for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: Seiko SBBN015, Apple Watch, G-Shock, Damasko DA37

Gone but not forgotten: Way too many to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Will_f View Post
    This seems like an odd way to break up a watch nerd fight. Does it actually work?

I hate to think what that says about all of us if true.

Does it work??? Donít know, letís observe and see if the goat lovers in our minds win and take over the watch insanity:)
    Soon we will sing the Motley Crew song: ďGoats! Goats! Goats!Ē

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by kamonjj View Post
    How do 5 digit subs have better resale than 6 digit? Resale in terms of price or increase in initial value? I would need a more information to agree or disagree. However, the resale on the 6 digit is higher but they are higher priced to begin with.

I didnít say that the 2500 didnít keep good time. I just appreciate seeing the 8xxx series movements. They look and preform well. Plus I think itís an added benefit in omegas corner.

Also, the 2500 powered POs donít sell for as high as the ceramics, similarly to that of sub. Again, ceramics have a higher msrp to begin with.

Only the limited aluminum offerings from both companies have crazy resale prices because of the rarity. The liquid metal 2500 PO and say a 50th anniversary hulk.

Itís safe to assume that the population agrees with my sentiment; ceramic is an advantage over aluminum. Itís scratch proof. Not to mention, you donít see omega going back to aluminum, they and the entire watch production community view them as better. Open your eyes, many companies are introducing ceramic as an advantage.

Instead of jumping to conclusions, perhaps you should ask for clarification.

Pre ceramic subs are worth more than ceramic subs and are more desirable. The end.

Firstly mate, liquid metal POís have a ceramic insert but like you said it because of their rarity not because they have a ceramic insert. Which is my point. The insert is a moot point.

Current POís are too thick. The 2500 is perfect for sitting comfortably under a cuff. That is a fact. I do not have too see any movement in a watch. Thatís a wank. What do you mean you appreciate seeing it? Clear case backs? How come Rolex donít do it in their movements? They donít seem to care. Like I said itís a wank.

And finally who cares if they donít use aluminium inserts anymore. The old stainless steel Pepsi Rolex GMT is one of the most desirable and valuable models there are with an aluminium insert. Itís all about rarity not ceramic inserts and clear case backs which has no practical function.

Finally going back to the original topic. Omega is a great brand. I love mine but Rolex will always be superior. Iíd kill for a Rolex BLNR, a no date sub or Explorer and Iíd even take one with a ceramic bezel insert for the first 2 not that it matters if it hadnít one.

Last edited by Galaga; October 8th, 2017 at 07:13.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbgbg View Post
    Does it work??? Don’t know, let’s observe and see if the goat lovers in our minds win and take over the watch insanity:)
    Soon we will sing the Motley Crew song: “Goats! Goats! Goats!”

My brown Barbati will outperform your Hijazi any day of the week.
    • I currently own 6 Rolex watches, from a new Submariner Ceramic to a 1963 Oysterdate Precision.
    • I have continuously owned Rolex watches for over 37 years, starting with a GMT M in 1980.
    • I have owned 12 Omegas, from a 1939 30T2 to a Seamaster 200.
    • I own 2 Seiko Divers, owning one since 1979.

I post from actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbgbg View Post
    Does it work??? Donít know, letís observe and see if the goat lovers in our minds win and take over the watch insanity:)
    Soon we will sing the Motley Crew song: ďGoats! Goats! Goats!Ē

It seems to be working. I must study this..

Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
    . I’d kill for a Rolex BLNR, a no date sub or Explorer and I’d even take one with a ceramic bezel insert for the first 2 not that it matters if it hadn’t one.
    We could come to a deal re my wife :)
    Cobia likes this.
    • I currently own 6 Rolex watches, from a new Submariner Ceramic to a 1963 Oysterdate Precision.
    • I have continuously owned Rolex watches for over 37 years, starting with a GMT M in 1980.
    • I have owned 12 Omegas, from a 1939 30T2 to a Seamaster 200.
    • I own 2 Seiko Divers, owning one since 1979.

I post from actual experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    https://youtu.be/NVzjhCUFz2A

highbob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_f View Post
    It seems to be working. I must study this..

I am telling you man- goats!
    All we need is goats (and an occasional Rolex sprinkled here and there- if the goats let us have it:)

Rosco53 likes this.

Opinions on Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco53 View Post
    Dude, when I was a kid my grandpa had a bunch of goats (among other animals) in his farm.
    Have no clue what breed they were but they ran circles around all the other animals , including most of the dogs. Extremely clever animals.
    I would venture to say some of the goats are more clever then some of the humans I have dealt with
    That goat you posted - one fine, fine specimen !!!!! Exudes confidence, wisdom and sheer athleticism
    Know how some humans just ďcontrol the roomĒ when they make an entrance? Like a beautiful confident woman, or some say that Bond fellow is like that (donít know about him though...)
    Well, that goat you posted- she just seems to control the grazing ground ! Great goat dude!

Last edited by sntangerbgbg; October 8th, 2017 at 14:02.
    Cobia and Rosco53 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Verydark View Post
    It's absurd to judge a person based on the watch he wears
    and also based on a few posts on a watch forum. There are some harsh MFers around here ;)

Thread Information