WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions on Omega

5M views 158K replies 697 participants last post by  mui.richard 
#1 ·
Owners of rolex,

What is your general opinion on omega watches and their owners?

I think it is safe to assume that the majority of people in this forum are watch connoisseurs with knowledge regarding brands that extend past rolex's. And I also don't think that I am the only one whose eyes naturally tend to focus in on people's wrists in order to see what kind of watch they are wearing when I am out in a public settings.

So for those of you who are rolex owners I wanted to know what are your opinions/ first impressions on omega watches and the people who own them. It would be even better if you gave your opinion on certain models : Seamasters, Speedmasters, Planet Oceans etc.

cheers

#134,766 ·
BOR

Days get weirder... Just got invited to an ash spreading ceremony. I'm thinking no.
I know it's a somber thing but I do have a funny story about it with a twist.

In my time as a flight instructor my boss was asked to do an ash distribution from the air on a low level pass down the runway at Biggin Hill airport UK. The plan was made and the ashes were placed in a black bin liner to be opened at the right time, rh door removed etc. The aircraft passed by and Dave attempted the scatter. Unfortunately the wind grabbed the bag and ripped it blowing most of the ashes back at him with the bag and a small puff of ash ending up tied around the wheel and strut! He landed at our side of the airfield and exited the aircraft covered head to toe in ash and spluttering profanities! Making me laugh so much writing this and remembering my friend.
When Dave was taken too soon I spoke to his wife who told me that he himself had expressed an interest for the same scatter and I told her this story which thankfully gave her a giggle.

#134,768 ·
Yup. I think I've been able to park closer to my train station, and there have been some empty rows of seats, too.

I've also heard from my coworkers who drive that traffic on the roads has gotten heavier. So maybe because we haven't shut down any agencies yet, workers who don't want to take mass transit are driving themselves instead.
That'll make Greta sad

#134,773 ·
Limited to the number of Covid 19 diagnosed cases.
Bremont will go one further as they did with the Martin Baker ejection sear series. Only those who contracted COVID19 and recovered to tell the tale will qualify to pick up a special edition watch.

Yes, I know that sounds sick.... sorry... couldn't help myself [emoji51]

#134,776 ·
Good thing I'm reading this on the train rather than at my desk [emoji1787]
True story. This happened about 10 or so years back.

I walked to my colleague's desk to discuss a project with him and happened to see his computer screen before he minimised the window.

He was on some vampire torture forum and they had some very troubling pictures, I must say. Like whoa! He looked like any normal guy and he was quite sheepish that he got "caught" surfing that site. Got to admit that I didn't see him the same way again....

#134,779 ·
I know it's a somber thing but I do have a funny story about it with a twist.

In my time as a flight instructor my boss was asked to do an ash distribution from the air on a low level pass down the runway at Biggin Hill airport UK. The plan was made and the ashes were placed in a black bin liner to be opened at the right time, rh door removed etc. The aircraft passed by and Dave attempted the scatter. Unfortunately the wind grabbed the bag and ripped it blowing most of the ashes back at him with the bag and a small puff of ash ending up tied around the wheel and strut! He landed at our side of the airfield and exited the aircraft covered head to toe in ash and spluttering profanities! Making me laugh so much writing this and remembering my friend.
When Dave was taken too soon I spoke to his wife who told me that he himself had expressed an interest for the same scatter and I told her this story which thankfully gave her a giggle.
I concur - having tried to spread ashes from a helicopter it ain't pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.