Pelagos AR coating?

Thread: Pelagos AR coating?

Pelagos AR coating?

Got a used Pelagos and there doesn't seem to be any AR coating on the crystal at all. Some sites seem to say it should have it on the inside only, others seem to say that it doesn't have any at all. Warranty card shows it was purchased in 2019 if that matters (if there are variations from year to year). The crystal is just as reflective as my Stowa Marine auto's and nothing at all like my Damasko's double AR coated crystal. Seems bizarre that a watch in this price point wouldn't have an AR coating.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Should my watch have AR coating of some sort?

Thanks all!

Re: Pelagos AR coating?

I have a 2019 blue Pelagos, AD said it only has the coating on the inside. I think part of the problem is the watch face sits quite close to the glass compared to my planet ocean.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Re: Pelagos AR coating?

That doesn’t sound right to me. As far as I know the pelagos has AR on the inside of the crystal. The legibility of the Pelagos is one of the reasons I bought mine. It does have a very flat crystal though which can reflect a bit in darker conditions but in bright sunlight mine looks like the crystal is missing its so good. I would have thought that if the crystal was replaced at some point, it would have been done by a Tudor service centre anyway. Unless service crystals dont have AR? Heres a photo the pelagos in sunlight for comparison with added salt and sandName:  Pelagos sun.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  2.60 MB

Thread Information