Pelagos & Snowflake Sub Visual Comparison
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 67ViP
  • 1 Post By Dan Pierce
  • 1 Post By 67ViP
  • 1 Post By RCTimeDude

Thread: Pelagos & Snowflake Sub Visual Comparison

Pelagos & Snowflake Sub Visual Comparison

This ad from Crown & Calibre was in my news feed this morning...what an interesting side by side visual comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kraut783 likes this.

Re: Pelagos & Snowflake Sub Visual Comparison

I've owned a vintage blue Tudor snowflake and currently own the blue Pelagos. The Pelagos is a great modern take on the Tudor Sub classic. I enjoy[ed] both.
    dP
    Attached Images Attached Images

ahonobaka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
    I've owned a vintage blue Tudor snowflake and currently own the blue Pelagos. The Pelagos is a great modern take on the Tudor Sub classic. I enjoy[ed] both.
    dP
    I would agree...I love my blue Pelagos and consider it a 21st century Snowflake Submariner. The ad caught me by surprise...I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the two side by side. I was impressed how similar they appear visually from the overhead view. Not just the dial and hands, but case proportions/lug taper, crown guards, & bracelet.
    Dan Pierce likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

love my LHD. Bracelet is so damn comfortable. Bought it for a Hawaii dive trip and couldn't make myself actually wear it diving. Brought my Seiko vintage big tuna for everyday wear.......couldn't use this either so went with my Seiko SKX. ha
    ahonobaka likes this.

tempted to look for a heritage black bay after this thread

Quote Originally Posted by 67ViP View Post
    I would agree...I love my blue Pelagos and consider it a 21st century Snowflake Submariner. The ad caught me by surprise...I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the two side by side. I was impressed how similar they appear visually from the overhead view. Not just the dial and hands, but case proportions/lug taper, crown guards, & bracelet.
    IMHO, The picture is misleading........(not intentionally, I don’t think). They are not so nearly similar in person. They are quite different.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 67ViP View Post
    IMHO, The picture is misleading........(not intentionally, I don’t think). They are not so nearly similar in person. They are quite different.
    I understand the differences; 39mm vs 42mm size, steel vs titanium case & bracelet materials, ETA vs in-house movement, aluminum vs ceramic bezel insert, gloss vs flat dial, and finally the Tudor has the ceramic ring around the indices and Chromalight lumination. But the direct overhead visual image is incredibly similar...

Thread Information