Pepsi vs Rootbeer GMT ll?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pepsi vs Rootbeer GMT ll?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fellow watch fanatics - I am so on the fence as to which 2018 Rollie MASTER GMT ll Pepsi on SS Jubilee or Rootbeer on two-tone Ever Rose on Oyster will be next to add to my collection. I love them both equally and will wear on the job (office professional) as well as on weekends.

I’m not concerned about resale value one vs another. Just want to get your take here on which one SINGS to you most and WHY? Which looks more “impressive” and screams Rolex and subsequently noticed more by the average “Joe” ? :)))

Thanks in advance for weighing it!

Cheers!!!

Frank -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fcammarata; 4 Weeks Ago at 00:53.

Re: Pepsi vs Rootbeer GMT ll?

The GMT MASTER ll Pepsi is a great choice
    fcammarata and solesman like this.

I love my Pepsi, and have decided that the Rootbeer is next. I had honesty never seen one in the flesh until recently. I was instantly sold. Had I seen the Rootbeer in the flesh first is would have been down to which one I could grab from an ad first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fcammarata likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rootbeer feels more professional, and I prefer the oyster bracelet. I am biased, however, as I thing the Pepsi looks toy-like, with much of the appeal due to current craze, and I much prefer the Batman, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    fcammarata likes this.
    Breguet la Tradition Retrograde 7097 | Breguet Marine Alarm Musicale 5547BB | Breguet Marine 5817ST | Breguet Type XXI 3817ST | Patek Philippe 5205G | Hauer Monaco Calibre 11 | Panerai Luminor PAM 1312 | Hermes Slim d'Hermes GMT for Hodinkee | Omega Constellation Ernie Els | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Blue | Omega Speedmasters -- Professional, CK2998 Limited Pulsometer, Hodinkee | Rolex Deepsea 126660 | Rolex GMT-MASTER II 126710BLNR | Tudor Black Bay Bronze | Tudor Black Bay Harrod's | AP ROC 26331ST Blue | Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V Blue

Name:  E7E82892-3C5B-49EB-B3B9-2BB3C2C5FB9E.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  628.3 KB

Unless you have a particular affinity for two-tone, I’d go Pepsi.

I love both but I would go with the Pepsi. That’s likely going to be the next piece I try to get my hands on. If you choose the Root Beer, I know of an AD in Pennsylvania (if you’re in the US) that had one a few weeks ago. Might still be available
    fcammarata likes this.

The Pepsi for it’s timeless look and functionality. It seems in many ways the GMTs have overtaken Subs as more popular, but it was never the case until recently. I’ve always felt the GMT was the best watch Rolex makes. I’m patiently waiting for the Meteorite GMT which I hope will arrive later this year. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fcammarata likes this.

I'd take the Rootbeer. Tried one on a couple months ago and was blown away by how well the rose gold works on this piece. Really muted and not overly flashy. Plus, you won't pay too much over MSRP right now whereas it's going to be a long time before the Pepsi prices come down...
    fcammarata likes this.

You cannot go wrong with either, however I would choose the Pepsi because of 3 reasons..

1) Timeless bezel combination
    2) All steel and hence less flashy.
    3) Jubilee bracelets are less telling of flaws.

However, we collectors have our own pet peeves. I am tad biased towards the Pepsi. But I have seen both on my wrist and would choose Pepsi every time.

Same watch. Different bracelets.

Last edited by raja_3012; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:46.
    fcammarata likes this.
    ♕ 116500LN | ♕ 126710BLRO | ♕ 116610LV | ♕ 116610LN (LB) | PAM00168

If you're trying to get Joes to notice your watch that screams "rollie" get a rainbow daytona.
    therealcbar likes this.
    |Ω

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information