WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Popeye's chicken shortage leads to a lucky pickup!

5K views 55 replies 44 participants last post by  Alfa2600 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to try their new sandwich that's become all the latest frenzy. Supposedly it beats Chick-Fil-A hands down. Unfortunately, they were out of sandwiches . . . . but, oh well, it turns out that my Rolex AD is just a few blocks down the street, and I decided to stop in and say hello. Turns out they had this beauty in stock! One thing led to another, and . . . .

Motor vehicle Vehicle Signage Car Sign

Advertising Font Cuisine Banner Food

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I really love the matte dial and the phantom hands. Great piece!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Product Fashion accessory

Cheers!

See less See more
#3 ·
My grey market guy has 5 chicken sandwiches. They are going for 50% markup. Sad that Popeyes is artificially limiting supply. I remember back in 2017 when you could walk into a Popeyes and buy any chicken sandwich off the shelf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
My grey market guy has 5 chicken sandwiches. They are going for 50% markup. Sad that Popeyes is artificially limiting supply. I remember back in 2017 when you could walk into a Popeyes and buy any chicken sandwich off the shelf.

Yeah but their chicken sandwiches are now wrapped in green paper which guarantees they will be fresh for a full minute extra, plus the mayo will be +/- 2 cm of the center of the sandwich

#7 ·
Congratulations on the excellent pick up, it’s an awesome looking watch. Too bad on the sandwiches but it definitely worked out to your advantage.

#17 ·
My friend works at an authorized Popeyes retailer. He says that if you buy a 30 piece party pack of chicken and pay retail price, they'll sell you a chicken sandwich.

#25 · (Edited)
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to me how, a fastfood chain that is specialized in chicken, can have its chicken sanwiches sold out, even though they still serve chicken on their menu? Were their chicken sandwiches a LE? can't they use some of the chicken they still serve on their menu to make sandwiches? did the brioche supplier for the sandwiches get caught in the trade war and can't supply the brioche for the sandwiches?

Whatever is the cause, reading this on CNN Business tells a lot about American consumers

"(CNN)-Well, if you didn't jump on the Popeyes chicken sandwich craze and wait in hour-long lines to sink your teeth into the fried chicken fillet on a brioche bun then you're too late. Popeyes is officially sold out -- for now.
The company released a statement on Tuesday that "extraordinary demand" for the sandwich led the company to be sold out in just two weeks since its nationwide debut on August 12.
Popeyes projected inventory would last till the end of September but the craze, fueled by social media, caused demand to exceed supply.
"As a result, Popeyes restaurants across the country are expected to sell out of the Chicken Sandwich by the end of this week," said the company in a statement. Many stores already have been without the product.
The war for who has the best chicken sandwich was ignited on Twitter earlier this month with Popeyes, Chick-fil-A and Wendy's all vying to be top dog. The demand for the Popeyes sandwich was so high that hour long lines were reported at some locations and even someone tried to sell the sandwich on eBay for $7,000.
Social media users weren't having the news of Popeyes being sold out and responded to the company with GIFs of crying faces and responses of disbelief. Others commented they were heading over to Chick-fil-A.

But don't worry, these Popeyes sandwiches aren't gone forever."

Reminds you of something?

#38 ·
I saw a Reddit post - wish I could find it again - that was comparing the Popeye's sandwich to Chik-Fil-A and said basically that the Chik-Fil-A sandwich, while very good, tastes like it was made by a white lady whose been around black folk, but cares about serving up something nutritious...whereas the Popeye's sandwich tastes like it was made by a black grandmother with fourteen grandchildren that call her Madea and she don't give a darn about your cholesterol.

Which is to say, apparently the Popeye's sandwich is pretty darn good.

Regards,
Alysandir

#31 · (Edited)
I wanted to try their new sandwich that's become all the latest frenzy. Supposedly it beats Chick-Fil-A hands down. Unfortunately, they were out of sandwiches . . . . but, oh well, it turns out that my Rolex AD is just a few blocks down the street, and I decided to stop in and say hello. Turns out they had this beauty in stock! One thing led to another, and . . . .
View attachment 14438195
The Explorer-II & I are my favorite sport watches....
Well done!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Soil Grass Lawn Tree Photography

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.